[Pathfinder] RPG homebrew game (closed)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hmm, I thought that was mentioned. Ok, here it is:

standdard gp for level 6, no more the 50% of amount on one item. That means no magic item above 8000 gp value. Addendum: that needs to say 8000+ Mwk+base cost for an item for a +2 weapon. Special materials and +2 would be oveer the limit for one item.

Does that make sense?

Oh, and leif can only have 4000 for his character. (just kidding, he gets the 16,000 like every one else.)

Scott DeWar

Did I also mention that everyone gets two traits from those listed on the d20 pfoglsrd?

And Shaiyuri, I will read up on hero points this weekend some tiem.

Leif

Adventurer
I didn't quite follow the 8k stuff about magic items. Can we or can we not afford a +2 weapon?

Very funny about the special rule just for me, too. :p

Scott DeWar

you can afford a +2 weapon, jut not an adamentintium +2 full plate, or such as that.

And I am glad you liked the special rule.

Leif

Adventurer
Leif's Human Fighter

Heerrre's DARTHAN! (for your approval)

Code:
Darthan, 20 pt buy PFRPG
PC Wealth, 6th Level= 16,000 gp

Human
Fighter, L6
N/G  Patron Deity:  Desna, Goddess of Luck (c/g)

S 18=15 +2(racial) +1(L4) [+4]
D 14 [+2]
C 14 [+2]
I 10
W 11
C 12 [+1]

HP: 62   =12+10+10+10+10+10
AC: 28

Initiative:  +6 (Dex+Feat)

Saves
Fort +9 = +5 Ftr L6, +2 Con, Great Fortitude +2
Ref +4 = +2 Ftr L6 +2 Dex,
Will +6 = +2 Ftr L6, +0 Wis, Bravery +2, Iron Will +2

Skills
Climb +8 – 4 ranks, +4 Str
Intimidate +4 - 3 ranks, +1 Cha
Profession (Gambler) +3 – 3 ranks, +0 Wis
Survival +1 – 1 rank, +0 Wis
Swim +5 – 1 rank, +4 Str

BAB:  +6/+1
Bastard Sword:  +13/+8, dam 1-10 +6/+6
Heavy Crossbow:  +8, dam 1-10

Feats:
Weapon Focus (Longsword) (+1 att) (L1 std)
Tower Shield Proficiency (L1 Ftr bonus)
Improved Initiative (Human bonus) (+4 to init. Checks)
Dodge (L2 Ftr bonus) (+1 Dodge bonus to AC)
Great Fortitude (+2 Fort Saves) (L3 std)
Armor Training 1 (-1 ACP, +1 Max Dex) (L3 Ftr bonus)
Shield Focus (Additional +1 AC when using a shield)(L4 Ftr bonus)
Weapon Training 1(+1 att & dam w/ long blades) (L5 Ftr bonus)
Iron Will (+2 Will Saves) (L5 std)
Mobility (L6 Ftr bonus) (+4 AC against AoO from Movement)

Equipment
Scale Mail +2 Magical (+7 AC, +3 Max Dex, -3 ACP, 4,200 gp)
Tower Shield, +2 Magical (+7 AC counting feat bonus, +2 Max Dex, -9 ACP, 4,180 gp)
Bastard Sword +1 Magical (+1 att./dam., 1d10 dam., Crit. 19-20 x2, 2,335 gp)
Heavy Crossbow (1d10 dam, Crit 19-20, x2, 1d10 dam., 50gp + 1 gp for 10 bolts )
3 Sleep Bolts for crossbow (397 gp) (If hit, target must make DC 11 Will save or fall asleep)
Ring of Protection, +1 (2,000 gp)
Backpack (1 gp)
Bedroll (1sp)
Belt Pouch (1 gp)
Rations, 5 days (2.5 gp)
Waterskin (1 gp)
Hammer (common tool 5 sp)
Explorer’s Outfit (10 gp)
Deck of Cards (Very nice 2 gp)
Caltrops (50) (50 gp)
Donkey (Tim) (8 gp)
Pack Saddle (5 gp)
Sacks (20 – for treasure) (2 gp)
Dufflebag (for personal gear) (6 gp)
Soap (2 lbs. 1 gp)
Bedroll (1 sp)
Rope, hemp, 50’ (1 gp)
Pitons (20) (2 gp)

GP- 2,778
SP- 8
CP- _
[sblock=Background, Darthan]
Until Darthan's recent honorable discharge, he was serving in a mercenary company in the Border Orc Wars. He served there with considerable distinction, leading some of the most successful charges that pierced the Orc lines deeply and inflicted heavy enemy casualties. Darthan himself slew Gralnak, a Sub-Chieftan of considerable reputation. (He can also fairly talk your ear off about it, too!) In the conflict, he gained a considerable reputation, and rank appropriate to his renown. Darthan's patron, Lord Causewitz, was slain when his position was overrun by the Orcs. That left Darthan at loose ends, because the Successor Commander had never liked Darthan and went out of his way to make his life difficult. So Darthan began immediately looking for a way to end his service. The new commander, Lord Dingle, was just as anxious to get rid of all those who had been loyal to Lord Causewitz, so he was all too willing to allow Darthan to skate on out at the first opportunity. After his discharge, Darthan migrated to the nearest large city in order to seek his fortune as a sword-for-hire. Darthan is really only good at martial pursuits, so he is playing to his strengths and looking for the next big war to come along. He is a "gambler" or sorts, because military life often involve long periods of inactivity interspersed with brief moments of sheer mortal terror, and gambling was just a good way to pass the time. He's not terribly good at it, though, and he usually winds up just giving money away, so he prefers small stakes. When his time in the military is over, Darthan guesses that he'll do what he can to secure an appointment with some noble to provide security at the Manor House. His fondest dream, however, is to open a tavern and inn, and grow old and fat pulling pints and talking crap with his customers.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Leif: howzabout a back ground?
is your tank from this shard? if now what kind of shaard is he from? why a gambler? why a merc? what has he been doing for last levels/ time? some basic stuff to usde against your charactrer later on.

also some intrests? Ideas of what he may want to do, if forced to retire?

Scott DeWar

So neither of us have to go back through ten pages of posts, this is the world I am seriously considering:

The world was once whole until a cataclysmic event that shattered the world. it had something to do with magic gone awry. the way to travel to the different fragments of the world is to use teleportals that use a key vs rune system to determine which fragment or shard you are headed to.

there is also so great void that seems to be swallowing the fragments, right now only the smaller ones are being affected.

Remove ads