• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PC Races with Charisma Bonuses

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Which player-character races begin with a +2 or higher Charisma bonus? Any humanoid, outsider, or other playable race is welcome.

Sun Elves (maybe) from Forgotten Realms. I dunno, some kinda FR elf has a +2 Cha, -2 Con.

They've got elves for every stat combination in that setting.

-TRRW

Milagroso

First Post
I believe the Drow in Forgotten Realms are +2 Cha, -2 Con, +2 Int, +2 Cha w/ LA +2

Aside from them, no other races listed in the FRCS have any races with a bonus to charisma. Perhaps some of the other FR books like Races of Faerun or MOnsters of Faerun might have more. Look into the Fae'ri, but don't hold it against me if they don't have a CHa bonus. Its been awhile.

Hammerhead

Explorer
theredrobedwizard said:
Sun Elves (maybe) from Forgotten Realms. I dunno, some kinda FR elf has a +2 Cha, -2 Con.

They've got elves for every stat combination in that setting.

-TRRW

Star Elf, from UE, IIRC.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
What the others said: Aasimar, Drow (not just from the FR), the Star (Mithral) Elves from Unapproachable East (FR regional book).

Or you could ask your DM to grant all elves +2 Cha. We all know that they can use the boost.

AZNtrogdor

First Post
Here are all your choices from WOTC published material for +0 LA races that get a bonus to charisma:

Star Elf: +2 Cha -2 Con, medium, 30 ft., otherworldly touch (su), extraplanar (su), bard, humanoid (elf), unapproachable east pg.10

Spellscale: +2 Cha -2 Con, medium, 30 ft., sorcerer and same as base creature, humanoid (dragonblood), races of the dragon pg.21

Hellbred (Spirit): +2 Cha -2 Con, medium, 30 ft, hellbound (su), spirit (su), paladin, humanoid (hellbred), Fiendish Codex II pg.78

Lesser Aasimar: +2 Wis +2 Cha, medium, 30 ft., light (sp), paladin, humanoid (planetouched), player’s guide to faerun pg.191

Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold: -4 Str +2 Dex -2 Con +3 Int +3 Wis +3 Cha, small, 30 ft., sorcerer, dragon (kobold, reptilian, dragonblood), monter manual pg.161 and races of the dragon pg. 39

You can also add the Dragonborn of Bahamut pseudo-template without level adjustment to any of the races with a bonus to cha (beside the venerable dragonwrought kobold) and gain +2 con -2 dex, which stacks with your original ability adjustments. That may be helpful for a lot of these.

Dragonborn: +2 Con -2 Dex, same as base creature, same as base creature, fighter and the base creatures, humanoid (dragonblood, same as base creature), races of the dragon pg.5

Other than that, you can just increase your age level and suffer the physical ability score penalties.

Wolfspider

Explorer
AZNtrogdor said:
Lesser Aasimar: +2 Wis +2 Cha, medium, 30 ft., light (sp), paladin, humanoid (planetouched), player’s guide to faerun pg.191

LESSER Aasimar? What, are there GREATER ones, too?

Venerable Dragonwrought Kobold: -4 Str +2 Dex -2 Con +3 Int +3 Wis +3 Cha, small, 30 ft., sorcerer, dragon (kobold, reptilian, dragonblood), monter manual pg.161 and races of the dragon pg. 39

Does this creature, built using official D&D3.5 books, really have those odd (+3) stat bonuses?!?

Wolfspider said:
LESSER Aasimar? What, are there GREATER ones, too?

Those would be regular ones. I guess lesser aasimar are the descendants of humans and regular aasimar. Over generations, the divine bloodline becomes less pure.

Does this creature, built using official D&D3.5 books, really have those odd (+3) stat bonuses?!?

On rare occasion, WotC screws this up. I've seen at least one template like that near the end of the Monster Manual II.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads