• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PF] Way of the Wicked - Golarian

ahayford

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Due to Kaodi leaving the game, I will be NPCing Herik for the immediate future.[/sblock]

Herik exits the staircase to the prison level with the practiced swagger of a slightly intoxicated guardsman. He manages to slur his speech just enough to sound like he’s having a good time, but not enough to suggest dereliction, or that he’d ventured a bit too far into his cups.

Hey, Some of the prisoners are getting mouthy. Come back up with me, we need a couple more to get in on the 'lesson' .

The two on duty guardsmen at the end of the hallway look at each other.

Is it one of the women-folk that came in on the last carriage? Been a while since this place hae been blessed with soft presence of a lady. Eh Smitty?

The guardsman elbows his companion, presumably “Smitty”, in the ribs suggestively. His comrade at arms seems to have perfected the art of sleeping at his post...as the elbow gouge is quickly followed by a snort and quick readjustment of his armor. Smitty scowls at his partner when he realizes an officer is nowhere in sight.

Oi, why’d you wake me Robert. You know I needs me bea-uty rest if I’s gonna win me money back t’night.

Sounds like the new guests need a lesson in keeping their mouthes shut...care to join us. Robert motions vaguely towards Herik and the stairs.

Oh...ai....Blackerly aught to be out wit’ da boys by now...and da warden had nae come out in days. Smitty flexes his fixers. I have nae broke any bones since that stupid paladin put me in the box for the brawl we started last month.

Ai...you were winning too before that pompous ass strode in and broke things up. I had 5 crowns on you to break more teath then Thomas.

The two guards continue their inane banter as Herik casually falls in behind them and leads them up the staircase.

Herik isn’t gone long before you hear the sound of voices coming up the stair well.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Aljalyraq, Black dragon-type Eidolon, Evil Outsider

Aljarlyraq sends a metal warning to his mistress, "We are in ours spots, they are coming, Mistress."

The black dragon's tail twitches like a cat's in anticipation while he waits inside the side room with the ogre for the signal to charge into the cell block and begin the slaughter.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 11 Current: 11
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Conditions in Effect: Pounce, Power Attack (-1Att/+2dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite, 2 Claws[/sblock]_____________________

DM-PMiller-1.png
Character Sheets: Aljalyraq

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Summoner

Firvinianna sends a mental word of thanks and informs the others, "Get ready, they hear our bait coming with the guards."

Not really planning to get involved with melee fighting she gets into her cell, but into a position to quickly move a short distance to fire an early arrow at the beginning of hostilities.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +3
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Summon Monster I: 6/6 remaining
Cantrips:
Read Magic, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Daze
1st level Spells: 2/2 (Mage Armor, Lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation)[/sblock]___________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Character Sheet: Firvinianna Laali

ahayford

First Post
Prison View
prison_macro-1.jpg

Guardroom View
guardroom_ambush-1.jpg

The passage to the north leads to the cellblocks (as seen on your map). The right door leads to the interrogation room. The stairs lead down to the lower level of the keep.

Last edited:

Caim

First Post
Rath stares at the door as he waits for the next unlucky soul to breach it.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry I haven't posted at a normal rate. The homefront is getting the bulk of my attention as I have some things to take care of. I'm not gone just can't post as fast.[/sblock]

ahayford

First Post
The murmuring of the guards conversation gets louder as the group progressing up the stairs. You can hear the door to the guard room slam open followed by the lusty laughter of two guardsman. Herik’s voice can be heard over the two guardsmen, urging them to enter the prison proper. Suddenly, the more intelligent of the two guardsmen stops as his eyes adjust to the dim torchlight of the prison.

Whats this then? Why is the door broken...

He draws his blade quickly.

Its a set up Smitty...the guards are dead.

He turns to find Herik’s blade already drawn.

No need to leave the party boys...we were just getting started.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Aljalyraq, Black dragon-type Eidolon

Aljalyraq hears the ruse falter through the crack in the unlatched door, "Mistress, the cover is blown."

The black dragon bursts through the doorway and charges the nearer of the two guards and pounces. A flurry of gnashing teeth and raking claws rip the guard to ribbons.

The eidolon grins a bloody grin at the other one, "ROAR! I am getting you next."
[sblock=Actions]Charge (-2AC) to H9
Bite (Charging) (1d20+5=21, 1d6+2=8)
Claw 1(Charging) (1d20+5=22, 1d6+2=4)
Claw 2(Charging) (1d20+5=22, 1d6+2=7)[/sblock][sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch) 14 due to charge
HP: 11 Current: 11
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Conditions in Effect: Pounce, Power Attack (-1Att/+2dmg), -2AC
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite, 2 Claws[/sblock]_____________________

DM-PMiller-1.png
Character Sheets: Aljalyraq

Remove ads