• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PF] Way of the Wicked - Golarian

ahayford

First Post
Grumblejack grunts loudly.

More little uns’ I see...and an overgrown lizard. I used to hunt big lizards in the moors, dragon, before the tin cans caught ol’ Grumblejack with his pants down.

The ogre licks his thick lips.

Do you taste like lizard dragon?

The ogre shakes his head, then moves more directly into the light. Dried blood covers the creature’s hide, evidence of the torture and abuse he has received during his incarcaration. Angry red lash marks are raked across his flesh and several large purple bruises cover his face and neck. He is obviously not in much shape for a fight.

The ogre cracks his knuckles one by one, each one sounding like a tree trunk rent in half.

Grumblejack will not die in this stone box like a rat. Let me out.

The ogre says this very matter of factly...as if releasing him was a foregone conclusion.

grumblejack.jpg

Kaodi

Hero
Herik gets to work on the the lock on Grumblejack's cell. He is not quite sure what he will be exposing them to once the ogre is free, but some risks must be taken. " Just a little bit more and... "

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Aljalyraq, Black dragon-type Eidolon, Evil Outsider

Aljarlyraq chuckles, "Ah, your pants were off and they decided to geld you. All the more reason to smash them."

He receives a mental comment from Firvinianna, "Really, acid in my blood?... Good to know." The eidolon is desiring to be a black dragon enough, that is can be a bit gullible.

Aljalryaq replies to the ogre, "Not a lizard, a growing black dragon. The acid in my blood might not taste too good. And my teeth and claws are pretty sharp."

Not able to lend a hand, the eidolon waits patiently for the lockpicker to finish.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 11 Current: 11
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Conditions in Effect: Pounce, Power Attack (-1Att/+2dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite, 2 Claws[/sblock]_____________________

DM-PMiller-1.png
Character Sheets: Aljalyraq

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Summoner

OOC: What happened with her pulling those patches off, ahayford?
Firvinianna moves to stand next behind her eidolon and comments mentally, "I think you can take him, if you get inside his reach. He appears to be wounded. But, he could make a formidable ally, so let's not."

She asks, "Grumblejack, while you can probably get your revenge and kill many guards. We mean to escape. In return for freeing you, what are you planning to do for us in payment?"

"Should we aid in your rampage, you might actually survive to continue the fight. Would you work for us, then? Our revenge is not going to be satisfied by merely a few dead guards. The real villains are the leaders who give the orders."

[sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +3
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/6 remaining
Cantrips:
Read Magic, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Daze
1st level Spells: 2/2 (Mage Armor, Lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation)[/sblock]___________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Character Sheet: Firvinianna Laali

ahayford

First Post
As Herik works the lock, Firvinianna selects a few patches and tears them from the silken viel. Each patch Firvinianna pulls from the veil writhes and twists as before, followed by the tell tale pop. A large 50 foot coil of rope, a potion vial, and two sacks appear at her feet. Peering inside the sacks, Firvinianna finds one hundred gold coins of the realm (crowns), and a smaller sack containing odd bits and bobs that might be useful material components for spell casting.

Just as the Firvinianna finishes rummaging around in the component pouch for a few minutes, Herik gives a little yelp of victory. The heavy door yields to the lock picks and swings open.
Grumblejack lurches his way out of his cell. His injuries appear to be more than just superficial. The ogre must have put up a hell of a fight before he was thrown in the dungeon.

The brute listens to Firvinianna’s pleas, cocking his head to one side. Grumblejack’s slow, gravelly laughter echoes on the stone walls.

You must think Grumblejack is so week, I’ll do anything to save my hide.

He bares his crooked teeth, and punctuates his sentences by poking Firvinianna in the chest with one, meaty finger.

Grumblejack doesn’t take orders from little elf girls and their pets.

For an ogre, he seems unusually intelligent and downright eloquent. Maybe he’d have to be to have avoided capture so long.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
All the subtlety of an ettin with a mace, thinks Zelda.

She goes to the ogre and stares up...it threatens to strain her neck. For all the disparity in size, she meets his gaze without flinching, and her voice doesn't shake at all.

"This isn't about orders," she says. "It's about what we need. You're hurt. Maybe this fellow with a symbol can help? You can fight, but what if they surround you? With us at your side, they can't. My spells can strike down their crossbows at a distance. Her dragon will strike fear in their ranks."

"The point is, if we work together, we escape. If we don't, we will die. Once we're free, we can discuss continuing our collaboration...or we can simply part ways. Regardless, we have to GET free first, so don't let pride deprive you of the chance to get what you want."

"Help us, help you."

ghostcat

First Post
Quigly is trying to listen to what's going on in the guard room but get distracted by the conversation with the ogre. Not having anything useful to add that hasn't already been said, he stays were he is but starts thinking of ways of taking the ogre down. Seeing Firvinianna messing around with what looks like a component pouch he asks "Firvinianna. Is there any sand in there?"

ahayford

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I do not usually keep track of physical components other then for story telling purposes. You may assume that your mysterious benefactor is well aware of your needs and has provided whatever material components you require for your known spells.[/sblock]

Caim

First Post
Rath watchs the exchange between the group and the ogre wondering if the brute will scoop the halfling up for a snack. "She's right Grumblejack. Together we can turn this place on it's side and with any luck," He looks to Firvinanna and Zelda. "We can burn the damned place to it's foundations!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads