• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PF] Way of the Wicked - Golarian

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Summoner

Firvinianna steals herself to prevent showing weakness or tears.

"Oh Aljalyraq, we must get out of here and get revenge for this despicable torment."

As the dragon sits on its haunches she crawls over to him and his forelegs open to receive her into his protective embrace. She sits with her back leaning against his chest. She replies, "They hacked it off! Those miserable dogs."

"It wasn't these people. They are going to help us escape."
She forestalls the growling that her eidolon was about to turn on those around her.

Nodding to the veil, she asks, "What else is on that thing?"

[sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +3
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/6 remaining
Cantrips:
Read Magic, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Daze
1st level Spells: 2/2 (Mage Armor, Lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation)[/sblock]___________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Character Sheet: Firvinianna Laali

Shayuri

First Post
Zelda just smiled a secret little smile at Herik's observation if her 'hand to hand' skills. Her magic was limited in endurance, but potent enough in application now that she could speak.

The smile vanished when she saw what the other woman did though. Now THAT was a skill. It wasn't often she felt jealousy over magic, but there was definitely a stab of it now. Still, with cold objectivity she noted that there was now one more warm body between herself and a guardsman's axe...

"It will take more than a few trinkets and a magic dragon to break us out of this prison," she said softly. "Before we bring the guards on our heads, we need a plan. To make a plan, we need to know more. Where are we? How many guards? How do they alert each other?"

"We also need to know what tools we have. I can cast spells, for example." She eyed Fin speculatively. "Can that dragon fly by any chance?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Aljalyraq, Black dragon-type Eidolon, Evil Outsider

Aljalryaq gives an indignant snort, "I can rip plenty of guards to shreds from right here. Who needs to fly?"

Lack of flight appears to be a sore spot of contention with the black dragon.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 11 Current: 11
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Conditions in Effect: Pounce, Power Attack (-1Att/+2dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite, 2 Claws[/sblock]_____________________

DM-PMiller-1.png
Character Sheets: Aljalyraq

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Summoner

Firvinianna chants a brief incantation in Infernal and her mage sight opens up to look at auras.

"Aljalyraq, one day you will fly. I promise."

She replies a bit snippish, "Don't ask him about flying. He is better suited for just ripping guards to pieces from afoot."

"If we can flee and escape, it matters not how many guards. If we are going to kill them, then we do it one at a time."

OOC: Cast Cantrip Detect Magic

Cantrips:
1st level Spells: 2/2 (Mage Armor, Lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation)[/sblock]___________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg

kinem

Adventurer
Sam had been quietly biding his time, waiting for the best opportunity to cause some mayhem, which he thought would be when they came to lead him to his death. Even shackled, he had some options - such as his favorite spell, murderous command, which requires only a vocal component. By trying to tempt the guards, he was also laying the groundwork to make it more effective, by perhaps convincing some guards that the betrayal produced by the spell in their fellows was real.

Now, he takes the offered symbol of Asmodeus and the dagger. "Thank you.

Remember, escape must be our priority now. It's better to avoid guards if we can. If not, maybe I can set them fighting each other."

ahayford

First Post
Herik slides the small door open to take a peek at the reinforced cells. In the dim light of the cellblock, all he can make out is what appears to be a large boulder in the middle of the room. As the shaft of lift from the open view port passes over the form, the boulder begins to move.

Oi, what’s this now. You lot come to laugh old Grumblejack again have ye?

The creature’s disturbing laughter sounds like a landslide.

The longer ye little ‘uns keep me as a trophy...the more likely I am to suck the marra’ from your tiny bones. You fools should kill me while ye ‘ahv the chance.

An ogre! The reinforced door starts to make sense. You thought the paladins had rounded up and slaughtered every last one of the beasts. This one was likely one of the last on all of Talingarde.

The sound of muffled conversation drifts from the guardroom behind the locked door. If they’d had heard anything, you are confident you’d have heard some kind of alarm by now. The only exit from the cellblock appears to be through the guardroom.

Kaodi

Hero
Quietly Herik responds to the creature. " No, friend Grumblejack, " he says in a low voice. " I have not come to laugh at you. Rather, I come to ask if you wish to take a chance at escaping with me and our fellow prisoners. Today we are breaking out of Branderscar, and if you wish to wreak bloody vengeance on your tormentors, you are welcome to join us. All I need is a few moments to crack the lock on this door, and then we can see about breaking into the guardroom. "

The nobleman hopes that the old ogre will me amenable to this. With such help, they might be able to fight their way out of Branderscar. Or at least the creature would provide a potent distraction.

Caim

First Post
"An ogre?" Rath looks to the door than the rest of the group with a toothy grin. "He could provide a great distration and proably kill off a half a dozen or so of these miserable bastards."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna watches with curiosity as they peek into the adjoining cell.

"Aljalyraq, I am fine. Let us work towards freedom. If necessary, we might have to split up temporarily."

She whispers, "Yes, Grumblejack can eat as much marrow from those cowards as he wishes. Did they not threaten to castrate him?"

Moving herself out from her eidolon's protective embrace, she examines the veil. She removes the patches for the spell components, the hempen rope, the potion vial, and the coins.

"We still have the lantern and window on this cloth. I think we should wait to use the window for when we wish to exit that way."

Cantrips:

Firvinianna1-1.jpg

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Aljalyraq, Black dragon-type Eidolon, Evil Outsider

Aljarlyraq mentally asks, "Is castrating bad?..."

"Oh, it is like that. Heh, that should motivate the giant."
The mental image shared between the dragon and his mistress is pretty graphic.

Aljalryaq pads over to peek at the ogre, "You want to eat them, I will help. Better to do that, than be neutered."

The dragon's voice is a hiss as he speaks softly, following his mistress's lead of being quiet.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 11 Current: 11
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Conditions in Effect: Pounce, Power Attack (-1Att/+2dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite, 2 Claws[/sblock]_____________________

DM-PMiller-1.png
Character Sheets: Aljalyraq

Remove ads