• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[PF] Way of the Wicked - Golarian

ahayford

First Post
Despite Quigly's best effort, the wind seems to render the guards' conversation into nothing but incoherent mumbling. Hopefully, the wind works both ways, helping to shield the newly freed prisoners' conversation from the ears of the guardsmen.

The ogre looks around for a moment for the source of Zelda's speech before realizing the creature he took to be a human child was the speaker.

You? A shaman? Don't take Grumblejack for a fool. I'm smarter then I look. Even week as I am, I could break you like a doll.

Grumblejack's squinting eye turns to the half-orc.

Grumblejack will slay as many guardsmen as he can get his hands on. I will die fighting with crushed human bodies piled around me. Every guardsmen in this stone prison will taste my vengeance. I care little for the plans of little 'uns like you.

Kaodi

Hero
" Well, I suppose that settles that then, " says Herik. " I would have preferred that we attempt to slay the guardsman down here with minimal fuss, and hold a few minutes while we don their armour. But I can understand that you have been here longer than us, and that what we might consider patience would seem an unbearable delay to you, great Grumblejack. I will attempt to unlock the door then, and after that, I wish you luck in your vengeance. "

Moving quietly towards the door to the guardroom, Herik motions the ogre to ready himself for action. He does his best to be quiet as he picks at the lock.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Aljalyraq, Black dragon-type Eidolon, Evil Outsider

Aljarlyraq moves right behind Grumblejack as he enters their cell. He hisses as the orge threatens his mistress, "Touch her not again, ogre. I will start flaying you alive or die trying."

Should the brute make any threatening action, the eidolon will attack immediately.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 11 Current: 11
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Reflex: +4 Will: +0
Conditions in Effect: Pounce, Power Attack (-1Att/+2dmg)
Current Weapon in Hand: Bite, 2 Claws[/sblock]_____________________

DM-PMiller-1.png
Character Sheets: Aljalyraq

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Summoner

Firvinianna hands the spell components to Quigly, "You are welcome to it."

Stepping away from the hulking brute, she holds her tongue until she is beyond her reach and then replies, "Aljarlyraq, if he wishes to die quickly, let him."

She begins casting a cantrip and holds its release.

OOC: Casting Daze, and ready it against the orge should he initiate combat.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +3
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/6 remaining
Cantrips:
Read Magic, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Daze
1st level Spells: 2/2 (Mage Armor, Lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation)[/sblock]___________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Character Sheet: Firvinianna Laali

ghostcat

First Post
Quigly accepts the component pouch from Firvinianna with a smile and a nod and promptly select the sand he will need for his spell. Moving behind Herik he prepares to cast a Sleep spell on the guards.

ahayford

First Post
Enough talk. Time to scrap. Stay out of Grumblejacks way.

Grumblejack lurches to the locked door leading to the guard room. With a grunt and a heavy shoulder slam, the ogre knocks the door from its hinges and sends to clattering to the stone floor. Two guardsmen seated at the table tumble out of their chairs to floor. A third stands up quickly, fumbling at his sword as he backs up toward the interrogation chamber.

Quiggly thinks fast and mutters an incantation over the handful of sand he retrieved from the pouch. Thoughts of soft feather beds and lazy summer afternoons run through his mind as he channels his power into the sand, weaving the sleep enchantment into the fine grains. The enchantment complete, he opens his palm and blows the enchanted sand towards the guardsmen.

The sand swirls through the cold air, encircling the three guards.

ahayford

First Post
The guardsmens’ eyes grow heavy, until they each collapse, yawning to the floor.

Grumblejack stops in his tracks and lowers his raised fist. The display of magical power seems to have startled him. He makes some kind of warding sign over his chest. Suddenly, he eyes the group of prisoners with new insight.

Grumblejack wondered why the tin men would cage such weeklings with him.

The ogre’s suspiscious eyes dart from Quiggly to Zelda and Firvinianna.

You are shaman....witches? You are here because you steal their children and dance with demons...

Kaodi

Hero
While the ogre pauses a moment to gauge his companions, Herik slips by and into the room. He moves to the side of one of the guardsmen and unceremoniously reaches down and snaps his neck, then repeats the action on the next. " I guess we do not really have the leisure of pausing to interrogate him about the layout of the prison, do we? " Herik asks as he moves to finish off the final guard.

kinem

Adventurer
You are shaman....witches? You are here because you steal their children and dance with demons...

"Devils. Devils are the ones you can make deals with." Sam knows that being compared to demons is a sore point with the Dark Father and his minions.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Firvinianna Laali, Half Drow Elven Summoner

Firvinianna leaves her eidolon to watch the ogre and comments, "I dance with a dragon and call forth fiends and demons. I told you that you should work for us."

Not waiting for an answer from Grumblejack, she moves into the guardroom and interrupts the final execution, "Oh, I think we can spare a few moments. Besides, mercy killing is too good. Start stripping the bastard before we slap him awake."

She has a wicked smile as she watches over the soon to be tortured in return prisoner.

[sblock=Mini-stats]Initiative: +3
AC: 13 (10 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 10 Current: 10
CMB: +0 CMD: 13 Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +2
Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/6 remaining
Cantrips:
Read Magic, Detect Magic, Acid Splash, Daze
1st level Spells: 2/2 (Mage Armor, Lesser Eidolon Rejuvenation)[/sblock]___________________________________

Firvinianna1-1.jpg
Character Sheet: Firvinianna Laali

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads