PFS 30: Cassomir's Locker - OOC

IronWolf

blank
This is a thread for any OOC communication needed during the course of the Pathfinder Society Scenario #30, Cassomir's Locker.

Character List

• Mowgli, Jalil Khoury, Half-elf Inquisitor, L1
  • PeteZero, Kronk, Half-orc, Alchemist, L1
  • InVinoVeritas, Miryam, Human Bard, L1
  • JarvethDarksmith, Evrand, Gnome Bard, L1
  • zizazat, Pavanna al-Azario, Cleric, L2
  • vl.arandur, Kayleigh, Human Fighter, L1

I am currently reviewing character sheets. I have five of the six players turned in or accessible to me, I might PM you with questions if I have any. I still need JarvethDarksmith's character info, but he is at PaizoCon.

I am anticipating the initial IC post coming Monday or Tuesday evening.

Last edited:

IronWolf

blank
Administrivia

Summary

This post is a FAQ/Helpful Hints thread for the game in general and how I typically run Play-by-Post games.

PFS Organized Play

Because this is a game being played under the Organized Play rules I will need to review character sheets more closely prior to the start of the the game be certain the characters are legal for play. Once the module is complete we will do the day job rolls and I will provide scanned copies of the Chronicle Sheets so you can go on to use this character another time legally.

Play by Post

It is my intent to submit a post as the Game Master a minimum of four times per week, with the more likely number being closer to five times a week. I will do my best to keep up with the pace the group settles in at as time permits. As players it will help the game flow to at least match the minimum of three to four posts per week.

Extended Absences

Going on vacation? Real life is going to keep you from posting for more than a few days? Just let the group know in the out of character thread that you will not be posting during that time. We can arrange to have you character played by the GM as an NPC so the game can continue in your absence.

In the event you are unexpectedly gone for more than a few days, just drop a note when you can let the group know what is up. We will be flexible in working you back into the game. During unexpected absences the GM reserves the right to NPC you character - though actions made by the character will be conservative or follow typical player actions.

Role Playing

Play by Post campaigns are a great place to really role play your character. Generally you have more time to craft a response. Strong role playing is encouraged. Have fun with your character!

Combat

Combat is a part of any Pathfinder game and that is no different here. As a character please list you actions in combat, keeping in mind the environment may change depending on your place in initiative - so take that into account.

You can roll your dice via the EN World forums dice roller or you can use Invisible Castle. If using Invisible Castle, just include the link to the dice roll in the OOC section of your post. I will be rolling via Invisible Castle.

Combat mapping will be done via graphic maps that I link to from the GM posts in the OOC section of the post. I typically don't get as detailed as exact coordinates, just keep your movement rates in mind and describe where you are moving to and I will update your character's representation on the map appropriately.

In Character versus Out of Character

We will have two threads running for each chapter of the campaign - one for IC talk and dialog and one for OOC Table chatter. You can use a spoiler tag to include OOC information that directly impacts your current IC post as you see fit. Handy things are clarifying your move, listing in place effects and anything that you feel should be noted as we play.

The OOC thread in the 'Talking the Talk' forum can be used for pretty much any OOC thing you want to bring up. It can be discussing what is happening in the game as one would at a pen and paper game, to announcing an absence, etc.

GM Background and Style

I have GM'ed many pen and paper campaigns in the past. I am currently running a Kingmaker campaign for my home group. I have also run a Play-by-Post that ran for three years in the past via Yahoo Groups and another on Myth Weavers that ran for a year and half. This is my second time GMing a PFS game via PbP.

I strive to be fair in my rulings during the course of a game, but I am not an encyclopedia of rules. If you disagree with a decision I make I am willing to listen to your side. I do ask that these conversations be kept either in the OOC Table Talk thread or in private messages to keep from distracting too much from the game itself. Please remember that the GM has the final say.

This is an Organized Play adventure, so there will be no house rules beyond what are already set aside in the Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play.

And finally this game is supposed to be fun for all. if you have suggestions for me you are welcome to email them to me offline. It takes a work from me and the players to make this an enjoyable experience. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Actually it's a Gnome bard (Yes we have 2 of them.) But I need to do some petitioning on the druid since somehow I either didn't get a sheet for his 1 and only awarded session, and/or it disappeared. So I'll send you Evrand as soon as I get home from work (I got pulled in earlier than I intended so didn't bring my laptop.

IronWolf

blank
Looks like everything is coming together. I am doing some organization on my end and waiting for JarvethDarksmith to get his character to me and we should be underway.

Expect an IC post from me tomorrow - I will post a link to it from here! I am looking forward to gaming with everybody!

Remove ads