• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pint Sized Sword and Sorcery

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Vandir is pulled along by Edwina to the back of the house and its hedgewall

"urgh!" he grimaces at the topiary faces "that gives me the creeps!"

and then looks for the easiest way over, under or through the wall

(ooc can I see over the wall? is there anyone to be seen or any sign of use? what about escape routes? If its a hedge can Edwina go through it rather than over?)

Lichtenhart

First Post
"Hey 'Wina, climb on my shoulders and take a look around. I don't want to be caught while sneaking over their fence."

Mary also checks if she can bend some branches to let the other two in.

Fieari

Explorer
You cannot see over the stone wall surrounding this yard, no... but the gate is still open, and there is no guard currently posted.

Like any hedge or bush, any determined child can worm their way through, usually by going under first, lifting up little prickly branches and sliding along the ground until there's more room. Once you get inside a hedge or bush, lack of sunight makes for less growth, and thus greater ease of movement. When it comes to hedges alongside buildings, the back side of the hedge is ALWAYS thinner than the front. Again, for sunlight reasons. You can make it through.

Along the wall of the house, you can see now that there are basement window wells which the hedges cover over. You might be able to open them.

----------------------

RAPRAPRAPRAP echoes the door as the sound of your knocking fills the hallway beyond.

It takes a few moments, but eventually, a stern looking man dressed quite well (in white and green) comes to the door and opens it. "Yes? Hello? Who are you?"

Seonaid

Explorer
Mick, male human explorer

Mick pipes up. "We were told to come here by a guy in the street." He turns to Garrick to see if he has anything to add.

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Garreth nods along with Mick. Then he smiles up at the grim old man.

"Yeah, there was one of your friends down by the docks earlier. We were talking about the forest, but then he had to go away for a bit. He told us we could come up here and learn some more later. So we came along. Oh, I'm Garreth and this is Mick."

Fieari

Explorer
"He did, hm? Unfortunately, all our teachers are busy right now... we're very sorry. If you get your parents permission, however, we might be able to send some promising young lads like yourself to the Temple, in the west. There you'd learn everything you could possibly want to know."

He kneels down and smiles. "I betcha want to be able to perform miracles, like the priests... healing the sick and whatnot. You talk to your parents. Get them to sign a paper giving us permission, and we'll take care of you."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Garreth tries to look suitably impressed at the old priests words. This wasn't going as well as he'd hoped. How were they supposed distract everyone if they couldn't get inside? He sticks his hands in his pockets and looks downtrodden.

"Well, y'see my parents are real busy right now, working and all. So I'm gonna have to wait until tonight to ask 'em. Do you think maybe we could just come and have a look around for a bit, see what the other kids are learning. We'd be real quite, nobody would even know we were there, honest!"

Remove ads