• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pint Sized Sword and Sorcery

Seonaid

Explorer
Mick reaches out to touch Edwina's newly-shorn hair, then hoists his small pack and follows Garreth willingly. As they go, he looks around in curiosity.

Fieari

Explorer
It's a long walk as the child goes, though a short flight as the crow flies. This is because the city, building up the mountain, has been forced to make its streets zigzag to get from one place to another. You could go through buildings and climb stairs to go a little more directly, but most buildings are privately owned, and to go through them would be to tresspass.

(Picture for inspiration, Picture 2. Samis was loosely (very loosely) based on Oceansend, from the comic Thieves and Kings... highly reccomended)

Of course, the roads start getting steeper and steeper the higher up you go. And the walls start getting steeper too, and shinier. Well scrubbed, and well whitewashed. The buildings stop haivng doors to the buildings, but rather gates (polished) that lead to lawns in front of buildings. as you get higher, you can look down across the city... beautiful. She'll take one's breath away... you can even see into some of the less wealthy properties... large mansions that even have land set aside for horses. Right in the middle of the city! Right on the mountain side!

The gates are labeled. "Matrid" or "Galas"... generally etched into brass, or letters molded from iron. You eventually come to "Leve"... the shining brass gates are open, and there is a path through a well manicured lawn up to the front door of a gorgeous house.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Garreth finally arrives outside House Leve, a little red in the face and panting slighlty from the strain the long walk put on his stubby little legs.

He turns to the others and raises one hand dramatically

"And here we are. . .now what?"

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Vandir chooses to take a more direct route, ducking into yards, scrambling through doors and zipping out behind street vendors and other urban paraphrenalia before getting seen or caught. Its a game as he periodically steps out to spot the others behind him and than dodges away again.

Finally he gets to the rich district and rejoins the group as they look for the House of Leve

"Okay" he says in response to Garreths question "we can go up an' knock or we can sneak in over the back fence and see what we can see - I don't think knockings gonna get us far though"

Seonaid

Explorer
Mick follows the others, looking about with eyes wide. "This is incredible," he murmurs to himself, but when they reach the top, he is speechless. As they stand in front of "Leve," he turns around slowly to drink in the expansive lawns and expensive properties. It is only when Garreth speaks that he comes back to himself. "We could knock . . . I mean, aren't we expected?" His brow furrows in thought.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Garreth nods slightly.

"You're both right. We have an invitation to the home, so we're fully welcome to knock on the door and introduce ourselves. However, that isn't neccesarily going to get us anywhere in saving Edwina's friend. However, if we get caught sneaking around in there, they're gonna know something fishy is going on, and then they'll be watching us. That won't help us either. Perhaps we should split up, some of us could go knock, and introduce ourselves, while others sneak around back and look for Edwina's friend while the first group distracts the priests."

Vargo

First Post
Edwina says, "I'm all for sneaking. They might recognize me, even with my hair cut, but sneaking through, they won't get a chance to see me in the first place... And I'm so small, nobody notices me anyways."

Seonaid

Explorer
"Yeah!" Mick says enthusiastically. "Let's have some of us sneak and some of us knock." He pauses slightly to consider the group. "I'll knock or sneak. Just let me at 'em." He rubs his hands together gleefully.

hafrogman

Adventurer
"Sneaking around isn't something I've ever been very good at, so I'll be part of the distraction, but I don't want to go in there alone."

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
"Well who's all here?" Vandir looks around "Garreth, Edwina, Mick and Mary and Me - anyone else?

Okay me and Edwina are going round the back, Garreth is knocking, what about you Mary? then Mick can go with whoevers left..."

Remove ads