• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape: The Fruit of Deceit

Chaos Apostate

First Post
Velmont: There is nothing about the man to suggest authority other than his utter confidence in his own proclamation, and his noble garb.

WizWrm: There is no crowd around you, but teh crowd does seem rather occupied with general furore of ebing told that they're all under arrest, so you've been able to slip back into the alley fairly quickly.

Three groups of three heavily armed guards have moved in to surround the main body of the crowd. The noble has quickly exitricated himself from the mob who are currently baying for his blood, and positioned himself behind one of the guards. They bear no insignia.

Velmont

First Post
"In that case, I will gently wait for the hardheads, as you have NO authority on us. We will see what they will do seeing you are the one causing the trouble."

muhcashin

Explorer
Anunsil sighed again.
Well, I think this is the first time I'd prefer the presence of Hardheads to someone else's.

The elf non-chalantly thrust his right hand into his spell components pouch and waited for the Harmonium.

OOC: At the first sign of violence, I cast mage armor

Chaos Apostate

First Post
The crowd is in general uproar, and the prevolent mood certainly does not seem to suggest that anybody is about to submit to the Duke's will.
The ex-orator slips up behind the Duke and whispers something in his ear, but none of you can make it out. The Duke spins around and yells in his face: "I WILL NOT! This impudence is insufferable, and both you and all these other sods have a lesson you need to learn. And learn you WILL. GUARDS!"

One of the guards rushes up and swings for the man who had been speaking with his halberd. He dodges nimbly aside, and looking briefly around he sees that he is fast being surrounded by the other eight guards. He makes an arcane gesture, and promptly disappears. Duke Eremas seems to be having a fit of some kind. The guards seem confused, and most of the crowd takes the opportunity afforded by their attempted pursuit of the now invisible speaker to run of fin the opposite direction and take their chances with the Harmonium.

Remove ads