Polyhedron has returned

DethStryke

Explorer
Not true...

I would like to call my first witness to the stand in defense of this statement:

http://www.roleplayingtips.com/

I have subscribed to this newsletter for many years. It almost always has a good article or two, plus (as the title mentions) a good number of tips and handy advice for all facets of gaming.

Really, this is (IMHO) the most reliably good AND useful newsletter/periodical (despite it being digital-based). For the cost, it far outweighs Dragon and Poly. Of course, free *is* hard to beat. :lol:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Olive said:
Except to get Poly surely?
Sorry, but Poly and I parted a long time ago, when Paizo dumped it and dared not risk making it a standalone magazine (they decided to go with Amazing Stories magazine in print ... now on e-publishing life support).

Damn you, Dung-philes!

Belen

Adventurer
Ranger REG said:
That and the fact I have no use for a RPGA membership. No offense.

Polyhedron started out as the magazine for the RPGA. It is fitting that it returns to that format. Before the merger, the only way to get Poly was through the RPGA.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
talinthas said:
sigh. i want the rich burlew strip, but not enough to sign up for the rpga.

Huh? The RPGA is free, lifetime, and requires no further participation than a couple of webforms...

HiLiphNY

Explorer
I am in the RPGA, and I received the e-mail. I thought it was a pretty weak offering - little content, lots of WotC promo, and no innovation.

Not to bash too much, but this would also be how I would characterise the RPGA organization, in general.

So, all in all, this was an in-line publication for the RPGA. Great work, guys! :confused:

Psychic Warrior

First Post
MerricB said:
Huh? The RPGA is free, lifetime, and requires no further participation than a couple of webforms...

Huh? I thought you had to pay for RPGA membership? I'm sure back when i was a member in the 90's that I paid something...

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Psychic Warrior said:
Huh? I thought you had to pay for RPGA membership? I'm sure back when i was a member in the 90's that I paid something...

Wizards abolished the fee in July, 2002. It's now a free, lifetime membership.

It's now an organisation similar to the DCI: it promotes roleplaying (particularly of Wizards RPGs), and gives out rewards for frequent play. Players get cards that help them in RPGA games; DMs get miniatures and spell templates.

They've also just set up the ability to sanction homebrew campaigns. (That's really worth doing if only because it tells Wizards what world you use - whether Forgotten Realms, Eberron, Greyhawk or Other).

Cheers!

Remove ads