Polyhedron has returned

qstor

Adventurer
HiLiphNY said:
I am in the RPGA, and I received the e-mail. I thought it was a pretty weak offering - little content, lots of WotC promo, and no innovation.

I was hoping it was going to be a .pdf. I agree it was kinda lame. I'm hoping that they would include the Living Greyhawk Journal but that material seems to be utterly dead. WOTC doesn't want the Greyhawk stuff to over shadow Eberron.

Mike

beverson

First Post
Someone at WotC needs to update the RPGA page. I went to see how one signs up, and they still have Poly listed as a Paizo publication....

kenobi65

First Post
beverson said:
Someone at WotC needs to update the RPGA page. I went to see how one signs up, and they still have Poly listed as a Paizo publication....

Well, that's true...but you don't sign up for Poly per se. It looks like you get it sent to you automatically if you're an RPGA member and have signed up for the RPGA Player Rewards program.

Ranger REG

Explorer
MerricB said:
Wizards abolished the fee in July, 2002. It's now a free, lifetime membership.

It's now an organisation similar to the DCI: it promotes roleplaying (particularly of Wizards RPGs), and gives out rewards for frequent play. Players get cards that help them in RPGA games; DMs get miniatures and spell templates.

They've also just set up the ability to sanction homebrew campaigns. (That's really worth doing if only because it tells Wizards what world you use - whether Forgotten Realms, Eberron, Greyhawk or Other).
Wish I could say you convinced me, but... *shakes head*

Footnote: Love RoleplayingTips.com e-newsletter. I'm a subscriber.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
MerricB said:
Huh? The RPGA is free, lifetime, and requires no further participation than a couple of webforms...

Well, I don't know about webforms. Their Become a Member page seems to say you need to attend an RPGA function to sign up.

I was a member prior to it becoming free, and I haven't gotten an email. :(

kenobi65

First Post
Alzrius said:
I was a member prior to it becoming free, and I haven't gotten an email. :(

I'd guess it's because you never signed up for Player Rewards. Looks to me as though the Poly "subscription" list is the Player Rewards Program list.

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Alzrius said:
Well, I don't know about webforms. Their Become a Member page seems to say you need to attend an RPGA function to sign up.
Not if you take the herald's test. They ask for a number, but if you don't have one, they just get your details and send you one.

Of course you need to pass their (really annoying) test first.

I mean really - you meat a dragon, disguised as a fluffy bunny rabbit. Is it more likely to be a silver or bronze (hint - it's not the one that gains access to the alternate form ability as soon as it's born - it's the one that has to wait until it's young...)

Remove ads