Proposal:saving throws can't hurt.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Hi guys, I'd like to propose this house rule (for many, at least) that's been made into official ruling in the PHB2.
Extra saving throws, like those granted by powers or feats, don't count towards effects that worsen when you fail a save. So you don't die or turn into stone faster because your cleric tried to help you.
That seems very reasonable and I hear many people used it already. Since this is going to be approved anyway (I suppose), and we'd have to wait for a very reasonable rule 3-4 months, I thought of proposing it immediately.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, I'm on board with that. I agree that helping shouldn't hurt, and that's exactly how I'd run things if I were the DM. I think making it an "official" rule of L4W is a good idea.

Oni

First Post
If it's the clarification of an existing rule or errata rather than a suggested optional rule (not having seen the PHB2 it sounds like the former from your posting), then shouldn't it be automatically be adopted as per the way errata is handled in L4W?

Don Incognito

First Post
I propose that any time you fail a saving throw granted to you by a buddy, magical daggers materialize out of the aether and repeatedly stab your vital organs.

Its a great idea.

Trust me.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
The part about the saving throws, is in the section marked Rules update so I think that should be automatically adopted.

covaithe

Explorer
I don't think it would have occurred to me not to run things this way, so I'm perfectly happy to make this official. The more general question remains of whether the bit at the end of the PHB2 should be considered errata and auto-approved right away. I don't know; I haven't gotten that far yet. I suppose I'll skip ahead.

Dunamin

First Post
I've hardly had time to read anything in the PHB2, but I'm going to venture a guess that WotC intends to treat the Rule Updates appendix in the book as official as those published on their site.

Instead of voting now and expanding on the charter, how about we just wait a week or so and see if these updates appear in some form on their site here? If so, they would automatically apply to L4W as well and we wouldn't need to treat it as a seperate houserule.

Regardless, I fully support it - just seems like common sense.

ukingsken

First Post
Yeah I just cant imagine my cleric casting a spell on me, having his gods power course through my veins, and then when it fails to cleanse the poison, my arm turns purple and falls off?

Even putting the fun aside it makes zero sense. A good analogy is when antivenom fails to purge a toxin from your system the toxin doesn't go into overdrive, it just keeps going along as per normal.

And I definitely get the sense it was meant as an update, although why include it in a new book as opposed to errata on the website I have no clue.

Remove ads