• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus: The Legend of Longcoat

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
OK, final stretch. I'll be making my decisions by class category tomorrow and deciding alternates as well.

Let me say that I've been very pleased at how Ptolus these entries have been and am looking forward to unleashing you guys on Longcoat.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
It's my first day back at work after a week's vacation, so I'm a little swamped. I will be announcing my choices by class over the course of the day. Look for the first update shortly.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Rogue

OK, chose Grant and Garn as the party's rogues. It was a tough choice in this category. I'm especially not looking forward to deciding on the "other" classes, which got the most submissions.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Cleric

Another category with far more good candidates than slots. I went with the gun-toting Maugra Ironcrane (something you don't see every day with clerics) and Milana.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
"Other" characters

And here's the hardest category, the "other" characters.

In the end, I went for what were the most memorable characters that also fit in well with Ptolus and the Docks. The final deciding factor is how well they'd integrate into the adventure itself.

In this category especially, every single one of the submitted characters would have been a great fit for the party, but even if it were practical to wrangle such an army through a pbp, it seems downright cruel to the enemy to do that to them ...

So we'll be starting out with Akilu, the orca-man barbarian and Vanden, the eunuch monk. Alternates will be the paladin Jarem Thurinor for Akilu and the shoal elf Aramil for Vanden.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
So our adventuring party attempting to stop these new Longcoat killings starts off with a would-be member of the Watch, a gun-toting dwarf cleric, a self-assured gang member, the son of a prostitute, a strange orca-man and a eunuch monk. We're a long way from St. Valien's Cathedral ...

I apologize to everyone who submitted a character and wasn't selected -- it was a lot harder to select characters than I expected it would be. If this adventure goes well, I plan on running a Redhurst Academy of Magic adventure later this winter, so please keep an eye out for that.

Remove ads