TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Cheers Llaurenela!

Your efflusive birthday wished are most appreciated.

A pity you aren't in the neighborhood so as to join our gaming celebration here :D

Cheers,
Gary

Rakin

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
Finally, stop worrying about yourself--your DMing--and just have fun. That will improve the performance of the best of DMs:cool:

Cheers,
Gary
Haha, sorry for the simpathy post, I should of known better. I had a really great session last night and I feel better. Expect to see more lively posts in the future as long as it's invited.

Thanks for the words of wisdom and the self esteem boost, it was something I needed. I'm going to give some of your advice a "go at it". I want to sadly admit that I haven't picked up a book in the greyhawk setting and I'm itching to do so now. Although I'm not new to the fantasy scene, I'm not old to it either, I'm just trying like mad to catch up to older folks. :D Any suggestions for a great first greyhawk read. Thanks.

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
Rakin said:
Although I'm not new to the fantasy scene, I'm not old to it either, I'm just trying like mad to catch up to older folks. :D Any suggestions for a great first greyhawk read. Thanks.

I dunno about Gary, but my favorite is this little thing right here. :)

Also to note, Almost ALL of TSR's old 1st edition AD&D products is scanned and PDF'ed on this site, for $5 each. This particular one was my first exposure to Greyhawk, and there are even older ones, such as Supplement I, and an earlier Boxed set just entitled "Greyhawk".

If you can find them on Ebay, so much the better, but if you can't, these should be complete resources.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Rakin said:
Haha, sorry for the simpathy post, I should of known better. I had a really great session last night and I feel better. Expect to see more lively posts in the future as long as it's invited.
Hey!

All GMs suffer a bit of performance anxiety now and again :lol: As a matter of fact I always do after playing with a really good Gm, but then I just have at it anyway,m and if I am having fun the group joins in ;)

Thanks for the words of wisdom and the self esteem boost, it was something I needed. I'm going to give some of your advice a "go at it". I want to sadly admit that I haven't picked up a book in the greyhawk setting and I'm itching to do so now. Although I'm not new to the fantasy scene, I'm not old to it either, I'm just trying like mad to catch up to older folks. :D Any suggestions for a great first greyhawk read. Thanks.
Not to plug a product of mine, but have a squint at the Castle Zagyg, Yggsburgh work when it's released by Troll Lord Games...at Gencon hopefully, although I kept messing around with the maps so it might not make the show :confused: It is something I believe will be a great tool for GMs and provide a lot of enjoyment for the players in the bargain.

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
The_Gneech said:
Very good, sir!

Jeeves
Oh what I would give to have Jeeves in my service!

If you read Kyril Bonfiglioni, his anti-Jeeves "Jock" is also a worthy treasure for the shady character--and Bonfiglioni obviously read Wodehouse :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

Gentlegamer

Adventurer
Col_Pladoh said:
Not to plug a product of mine, but have a squint at the Castle Zagyg, Yggsburgh work when it's released by Troll Lord Games...at Gencon hopefully, although I kept messing around with the maps so it might not make the show :confused: It is something I believe will be a great tool for GMs and provide a lot of enjoyment for the players in the bargain.
Any preview you can give regarding the skill system you devised for that work and C&C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads