TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
haakon1 said:
Hmmm, gaming beverage choices can be amusing. I generally stay away from Coke, even though I love it, because gaming gets me wired already -- I generally can't sleep until 2-3 am after gaming as it is! Lamely, I tend to drink Diet rootbeer -- which has no nothing in it. Sometimes I'll go with Newcastle Brown Ale or Strongbow Cider . . . British stuff seems more medieval to me.

One of my fellow gamers likes to do about a six-pack of Rainer (local Washington State lager, not as good as Bud IMHO), another likes ridiculous quantities of Mountain Dew (like 40 oz.), but most are a reasonable mix of decent beers and soda.

As we've gotten older, we've moved from pizza and chips to carrot sticks and what we call "Scooby snacks" (a type of health food oat cereal). Once in a while, we'll go with Iron Rations -- Oberto beef jerky, Carr's Water crackers (close as you can get to hardtack), and dried fruit. Yummy! ;)
Most of the time I drink water to keep my throat from being parched from all the talking, eat nothing because there's many a snack I keep munching if I start. Most of the chaps who play in the group enjoy a soft drink and whatever snacks are around--always some it seems, including White Castle "Sliders" now and again.

On special occassions I will indulge in a g&t, whiskey, or ale/beer while I GM, but that's raree indeed.

Cheers,
Gary

Joël of the FoS

First Post
Great news. I got an email back from Aurélien, he said no problem to bring you a box. So I'll get in touch with him after the 22nd (when back from vacation) and I will bring him ze Québec beer :)

Joël

Frank Mentzer

First Post
dcas said:
Surely there are other ingredients to pie crust than butter.

Sure. That's to differentiate between ours and other foods that contain shortening (or margarine) and various chemicals like dough conditioners, mold retardants, shelf-life extenders, artificial colors/flavors, etc.

PIE CRUST Cookie Sticks Contents: Pastry Flour, Butter, Water, Granulated Sugar, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon. Nutrition: Serving size 2 oz (57g): 250 cal (140 from fat); 16g fat, 11g sat fat, 40 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium; CARBS total 23g (fiber 1g, sugars 1g), Protein 3g.
Made By Hand at The Baker’s House, Box 591, Minocqua, WI 54548 715•356-0066 • Regulated by WI Dept Ag

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Joël of the FoS said:
Great news. I got an email back from Aurélien, he said no problem to bring you a box. So I'll get in touch with him after the 22nd (when back from vacation) and I will bring him ze Québec beer :)

Joël
That's great! As we are driving, carrying something back will be no problem either.

I do hope you'll make a LGGC so I can regale you with some of the local brews from New Glarus :D

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Notice! The pie crust cookies fail to bear a warning label, however:

WARNING! Eating these might be habit forming as they are so delicious.

:p
Gary

dcas

First Post
Frank Mentzer said:
Sure. That's to differentiate between ours and other foods that contain shortening (or margarine) and various chemicals like dough conditioners, mold retardants, shelf-life extenders, artificial colors/flavors, etc.

Yes, yes. I just couldn't resist a laugh at your expense. I am from Philadelphia after all. :lol:

Serving size 2oz? How many cookies are in 2 ounces?

Frank Mentzer

First Post
dcas said:
Serving size 2oz? How many cookies are in 2 ounces?

I dislike self-promotion on Gary's board (and we'll leave it at this, eh whot?), but... our standard 1/2 pound (8 oz) bag overflows one hand, roughly the size of two hands. The serving size is 1/4 of the package. (Reaonable unless you get addicted; we went through 6 bags during one 7-player 6-hour game.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads