TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

StupidSmurf

First Post
Zudrak said:
Edam it. Knockwurst it off.

I've beefed up the pun and added meat. I thought it would be a Brie-s to stay with cheese. I'd best retire to my Cottage. My pun may be rank, but it's not for a lactic of trying.

Maybe we should add bread too, that way we'd have a full sandwich! No loafing around, you crumbs! We're the upper crust! I just hope that, by adding bread, that this thread won't go a-rye.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Wheat a beefy string of puns! You hams are slinging the humor so swissly, its chapping my buns. Whatta bunch of turkeys!

With meats, breads and cheeses in play simultaneously, the font of bon mozzerellas will be virtually ceaseless. Of course, there will be bad ones sandwiched in there.

I'd better limburger up my brain & tongue if I intend to supply mostly gouda humor- I don't want to focaccia all this up!

Gray Mouser

First Post
Col_Pladoh said:
There were indeed plenty of underwater adventures in my AD&D campaign--and since then (see The Hermit for an example), but the action on the Nyr Dyv was confined to ships, the reason quite inexplicable now that I consider it.

Cheerio,
Gary

So where did the underwater adventures take place, Gary? I read a write up some time ago of an excursion to Castle Greyhawk where the party encountered a subterranean lake (and were pursued by a pteradon, IIRC). Was this the main underwater environ or were there others? Anyone ever make it to the Elemental Plane of Water, for instance?

As long as we're on the subject of water-based adventures, were there any memorable monsters for such excursions? Any Sahauagin (sp?) lurking about that the PCs ran into, for instance?

Gray Mouser

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
With meats, breads and cheeses in play simultaneously, the font of bon mozzerellas will be virtually ceaseless.

Should be "With meats, breads and cheeses in play simultaneously, the fontina of bon mozzerellas will be virtually ceaseless."

-sincerely, not the Management

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
StupidSmurf said:
I can't believe that I forgot the most classic taxi reference of all:

Groucho Marx (as Rufus T Firefly): You can leave in a taxi. If you can't get a taxi, you can leave in a huff. If that's too soon you can leave in a minute and a huff!
Groucho Marx is amongst the greatest of comedians :cool:

Next pun topic: Cheese!
Is that binding? I fear some of them would be rather smelly...

Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
mythusmage said:
I must agree. It is my swiss that people refrain from cheese puns, for I chedder at the thought of the rinding halt this could cause the boards.
The most classic cheese related pun I know was done long ago by Ben Franklin:

"Jack eating rotten cheese did say,
'I like Sampson my thousands slay.'
'Aye,' said Roger, 'so you do,
And with the selfsame weapon too.' "

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads