TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Joseph Elric Smith said:
Well I have to see it first before I buy it, then send it to you for your autograph. :)
ken
Good plan...

Better to bring it to the LGGC and have it autographed :D

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Joseph Elric Smith said:
Will do, already put my request in at work for next year to make sure Maggie and I can make it
ken
that's just excellent, Ken.

There is plenty for non-game-nut family members to do here in Lake Geneva too. A number of fellows are bringing their families simply to have them enjoy the local attractions.

So see you and Maggie again after some years time this coming July :D

Cheers,
Gary

StupidSmurf

First Post
Say, Gary.... Have you had the chance to check out the "word play game" topic here? Not only is it hysterical, I'd guess it would be right up your alley, given your love of punnery and wordsmithing! ;)

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
StupidSmurf said:
Say, Gary.... Have you had the chance to check out the "word play game" topic here? Not only is it hysterical, I'd guess it would be right up your alley, given your love of punnery and wordsmithing! ;)
Thanks for the heads up, but I am sufficiently busy right now so as to avoid getting involved in more :uhoh: Coordinating a group of 19 freelance module designers is keeping me well amused...

Cheers,
Gary

Col_Pladoh said:
I suspect the producres hoped you'd BUY the DVD because of my appearance :lol:

Cheers,
Gary

I will. Though I might have bought it anyhow.

You know, I even gave half a thought to seeing D&D 1 again, just to find out what the heck role Arneson played, but . . . no, definitely no, on full thought. :\

Soel

First Post
Hello, Gary!

I don't know if you've covered this question before (very likely, I'd guess,) but I would like to ask you about your initial inspiration for coming up with differing distinctions for the fiendish creatures. Mainly, what caused you (taking an assumption it was your idea to do this,) to separate the classical demon into demons and devils and others?

I can understand having a hell, but I guess another part of the question is, why were other lower planes of existence created?

Thanx in advance!

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
haakon1 said:
I will. Though I might have bought it anyhow.

You know, I even gave half a thought to seeing D&D 1 again, just to find out what the heck role Arneson played, but . . . no, definitely no, on full thought. :\
Heh...

Someone told me that Dave was in the background as one of the assembled mages or whatever in the big audience hall.

Cheers,
Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads