TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

DemLep

First Post
Hello,

Let me start off by saying it is cool to see that you actually spend time anwsering peoples questions.

Now on to my question. I have researched about D&D for a while, a read much about how it got started and evoled into what it is. I heard it all started from two pages of rules for minitures and I was wondering if you still had them and what they were?

Thanks and Merry Christmas,
DemLep

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Hey there, Gary! Happy Holidays!

What traditions do you have this time of year? Are there any gifts you hoping on getting?

:)

mordelack

First Post
Gary,

How you been sir? I have been trying to email you but all the messages are returning undelivered.

Were you able to get the package i sent via snail mail?

Kerry

Seeker95 said:
Regardless of where *your* faith is placed, have a Merry Christmastime anyway.
And whenever your calendar begins, Happy Gregorian New Year to you!

You'd better copyright that before Wal-Mart steals it for their ads! ;)

Seriously, it's nice, so many happy returns of the . . . general time of year!

Last edited:

Col_Pladoh said:
In addition to the rust monster and the bulette the owl bear came from that pack of weird figurines I found and converted to the FRPG monster roster. There might have been another, but I can't recall all the critters in that mix :confused:

Christmas cheer,
Gary

Christmasy thoughts of plastic dinosaurs past . . .

Hmm, the owl bear looks like the plastic giant sloth I had, standing up in a sort of hugging position.

Thinking rust monster + plastic dinosaur makes me think of the one that was like a turtle, with a club for a tail. But I doubt I'm right on that one.

I'd be amazed if you can remember the specifics of all that!

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
mordelack said:
Gary,

How you been sir? I have been trying to email you but all the messages are returning undelivered.

Were you able to get the package i sent via snail mail?

Kerry
Christmas Blessings Kerry!

The book arrived safe and sound the other day. Are you emailing me at the proper addy? I got over 100 messages this AM :\

ggygax@genevaonline.com

Yuletide best,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
haakon1 said:
Christmasy thoughts of plastic dinosaurs past . . .

Hmm, the owl bear looks like the plastic giant sloth I had, standing up in a sort of hugging position.

Thinking rust monster + plastic dinosaur makes me think of the one that was like a turtle, with a club for a tail. But I doubt I'm right on that one.

I'd be amazed if you can remember the specifics of all that!
Christmas Blessings!

there might have been something skin to an ankylosaurus in the pack of monsters. Blamed is I can remember :confused:

Yuletide best,
Gary

Col_Pladoh said:
Christmas Blessings!

there might have been something skin to an ankylosaurus in the pack of monsters. Blamed is I can remember :confused:

Yuletide best,
Gary

You're used to being blamed. I just had lunch with an old friend who was telling me when he was growing up and wanted to do D&D, he told his parents it was a storytelling and imagination game, about fighting evil, and they said, "You're sure it's not that evil devil game?" He said it wasn't, so they got it. :)

I wonder if the stegasaurus is in the MM? I'll have to go look. I'm sure there's no illustration of it, because that I'd remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads