• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TSR Q&A with Gary Gygax

This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the multi-year Q&A sessions held by D&D co-creator Gary Gygax here at EN World, beginning in 2002 and running up until his sad pasing in 2008. Gary's username in the thread below is Col_Pladoh, and his first post in this long thread is Post #39.

Gary_Gygax_Gen_Con_2007.jpg

Col_Pladoh said:
Only humanoid ones of exceptional sort and very exceptional other sorts. Who wants to spend forever figuring out what monsters' stats are and then have to employ them in the game?

:eek:
Gary

... and I have a new signature. :)

Edit: Bah -- or would if I could access the menu. :(

Mycanid

First Post
BTW Gary ... just wanted to tell you that I have begun to get interested in C&C recently, and am looking forward to reading your modules for it on Greyhawk very much!

May I ask how that project is progressing? :)

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Col_Pladoh said:
the outstanding quality of Chesley Bonstel's cover art

Chesley Bonestell is one of the true greats of space art. I've loved his stuff since I was a kid. I discovered that another of my heroes, Carl Sagan, was also a Bonestell fan and collector, which made me an even bigger fan of Sagan, oddly enough.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
Mycanid said:
BTW Gary ... just wanted to tell you that I have begun to get interested in C&C recently, and am looking forward to reading your modules for it on Greyhawk very much!

May I ask how that project is progressing? :)
Howdy,

Nearly all of the 24 town district and suburban area detail modules are turned in now, and I believe that the Trolls are editing several. The likely plan is to offer them on pdf initially, then print them--each being of 64-page length.

The castle & dungeons series of boxes modules is underway as well. An introductorymodule or two might be offered separately, unboxed, at GenCon, as the entire initial set will not be ready before around October I believe.

Cheerio,
Gary

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
ColonelHardisson said:
Chesley Bonestell is one of the true greats of space art. I've loved his stuff since I was a kid. I discovered that another of my heroes, Carl Sagan, was also a Bonestell fan and collector, which made me an even bigger fan of Sagan, oddly enough.
Yes, and I loved the Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction all the more because of the Bonstell covers. Also, I have heard that Carl Sagan's son played AD&D :D

Cheerio,
Gary

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
Col_Pladoh said:
:confused:

Now that sounds as if it were an acedemic swipe :lol:

Cheerio,
Gary

Oh Gary, c'mon! Would I take an academic swipe at the guy who used enough whole cloth to sail Drake's fleet when he confabulated the entirely-steeped-in-bad-SciFi "nuclear winter" scenario?

Moi?

:D :D :D

(EDIT: but to be fair, at least Sagan had the grace to admit he'd made the whole thing up from junk science, albeit later in life.)

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
thedungeondelver said:

Oh Gary, c'mon! Would I take an academic swipe at the guy who used enough whole cloth to sail Drake's fleet when he confabulated the entirely-steeped-in-bad-SciFi "nuclear winter" scenario?

Moi?

:D :D :D

(EDIT: but to be fair, at least Sagan had the grace to admit he'd made the whole thing up from junk science, albeit later in life.)
:lol: :eek: :lol:

He was hoist by his own petard...as will be those espousing the mantra of man-made global warming, right soon too I do believe. Carbon dioxide most assuredly does not cause global warming, although global warming does produce more CO2.

Cheerio,
Gary

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
Col_Pladoh said:
:lol: :eek: :lol:

He was hoist by his own petard...as will be those espousing the mantra of man-made global warming, right soon too I do believe. Carbon dioxide most assuredly does not cause global warming, although global warming does produce more CO2.

Cheerio,
Gary

I wouldn't expect there to be too much recanting on that front any time soon, not while there's meeyuns and beeyuns of dollars to be made on cranking out scare propaganda films about the whole affair... :confused:

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads