Ransom for Retirement (El Jefe Judging)

SlagMortar

First Post
OOC: You're right. I forgot about that. Chalk it up to having spent too much time playing 2nd edition in the past. Lupic has 4 HP and Semabin has 16 HP at the start of this encounter.

As the party wakes, two more arrows fly out of the darkness. bow shots (1d20+2=16, 1d8+1=5, 1d100=91, 1d20+2=6, 1d8+1=6, 1d100=74) The first strikes Semabin (11 HP remaining), while the second falls short. This time, everyone spots the attacker about 80 ft to the south.

OOC: Note that Semabin did not act before the attack and so was flatfooted and not yet taking his full defense. It is now Semabin's turn, so you can change your action.

IcyCool

First Post
Wiping sleep from his eyes, Deos scrambles for his crossbow, then props it up and loads it while laying on his bedroll.

[sblock]Can I ready a weapon, and load it in the same round? (i.e. take my move action to ready, and my standard action to load?) If so, that is what Deos is doing. Also, he is laying prone to make himself a more difficult target.[/sblock]

D20Dazza

Explorer
Kyle scrabbles at his equipment as he comes fully awake "Go away you blaggards or by Geoth you'll feel my wroth" he cries as he pulls his sling from his pile of equipment, slips a bullet home and let's fly at the attacker.

SlagMortar

First Post
Initiative:
Semabin: 11
Lupic: 9
Deos: 1
Semabin rushes forward and is now 20 feet away from the archer.
(Lupic goes here)
Deos readies and loads his crossbow while staying on the ground.

Round 1 ends.

Round 2 begins:
Initiative:
Fenwick: 22
Kyle: 19
U: 18

Fenwick fires his crossbow (1d20+2=12, 1d6=3), but the bolt is deflected by his leather armor.
Kyle slings a bullet at the archer, but comes up short. sling (1d20-1=8, 1d4+1=2)
The archer takes two more shots at Semabin while stepping away (5 feet back). bow shot (1d20+3=14, 1d8+2=6, 1d20+3=18, 1d8+2=4) One is stopped by Semabin's armor, but the other takes him in the shoulder. (7 HP remaining)

IcyCool

First Post
Deos draws a bead on the archer and fires. He quickly reloads his crossbow for another shot.

OOC: Shooting (+0 to hit) as a standard action, reloading as a move action.

Remove ads