RA's Ashin's Commission--Grand Finale!

ajanders

Explorer
"The Fallonese aren't oppressing them. They're either in their camp crapping their pants at the thought of coming near them or they're in a patrol I'm trying to find.
Which likely went in the mine and got eaten."

Michael looks at Aglaia.
"I think I've seen them. Something tried to rip my arms off last night that used to be human. Is this sort of thing a recent development, or has this been a chronic problem?"

You'd think this kind of thing couldn't go on for more than a year.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"They're oppressing us...just from a distance. They used to be more hands-on with the oppression until they lost some of their soldiers that were stationed in the village...some to the madness, others to the depraved victims. The Fallonese are cowards--they won't enter the town now unless they must."

"How long? It was quite recent--very sudden when it started. It seemed an isolated incident at first, the first disappearance. But then, we began to realise something darker was going on. We sent out a messenger to get help, but by chance the message was interrupted by Fallon, who were sceptical of the details but eager to capitalise...and now, well, we're in our current desperate straits. Hyrag bless you all for your aid!"

ajanders

Explorer
Michael looks at her hair, astonished.

Must be henna.

"Any links or common ground between all the people that were affected? The food, the water, spilt blood?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Nothing that connects them all except being in the vicinity, and miners tended to go first...I think it affects the weak-willed and those with a seed of sin in their heart first, which is why those who were devout followers of Hyrag seem least affected, but maybe it spreads by a curse that can't take root on holy ground or even something else, I'm not sure."

Erekose13

Explorer
Eternity remains silent when the priest shows up. She will not forget treachery that easily. His questions and actions as of yet seem to indicate that he is at least sincere in helping Duvik rather than turning them over to the Fallonese. Eternity will still stay towards the back though and watch him with a keen eye.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"It is hard to say how many are victims of the curse and how many are victims of the victims. All we know is that between those two, we've lost half the village, and there are victims lurking out there, poised to strike if people aren't careful and don't stay barred indoors whenever possible."

ajanders

Explorer
Michael boggles at Aglaia's words.

Man, they're just like the Baneys, but bigger. This is gonna be a trip.
Praise Sela and serve out the crossbow bolts.

"You don't currently have a Fallonese patrol hiding in your cellars, do you?"

Michael stands up, slides his hammer off his belt, shakes his arms loose, looks at Aglaia.
He suspects not.

ajanders

Explorer
"Figures." Michael says, turning towards the mine.
"Officially, I'm to deliver them a message. Unoffically, nobody gave me a time limit, and I didn't ask for one. So I can look at your cave along the way."

He adjusts his mostly empty pack and starts off for the mine, doing his best to keep clear of cover that might hide ambushing man-things.

He is, of course, advancing towards a big hole in a mountain.

I wish I had my armor.
Or a troop of White Riders with armor.

Remove ads