Rate The Chronicles of Riddick (No CoR spoilers, some Pitch Black spoilers)

Rate The Chronicles of Riddick on a scale of 1-10

Album Cover X

First Post
Kai Lord said:
Me too, but I had to get this poll in before Krug posted his, and the 10 minute preview seemed like a good enough excuse. Nothing against Krug, I just don't like that his polls don't allow you to see who voted what.

I want to know who's giving some of these movies scores of perfect 10.... :]

And who cares if someone gives it a 10 or 1 for the matter... Are you going to confront those who do??? Let's all organize a mob and burn down people's houses who disagree with us...

It's just a movie... and a poll rating it is nothing but a collection of people's opinions... keyword here being opinions... A movie is made to make money and to entertain... sometimes they miss on one or both accounts... But if someone enjoys a movie should we really be here to belittle them???

I liked Pitch Black... and I'll probably go see Chronicles at some point... Its not supposed to be Shakespeare...

Crothian had it 100% right... "a fun ride of a movie"... If it meets that target then so be it...

Villano

First Post
At first, I was a bit taken aback by the trailer. It didn't even look like it was set in the same universe as Pitch Black. As I saw more and more of the film, however, it began to grow on me. Now, I'm really looking forward to it. :)

Besides, I got a free ticket in my Pitch Black dvd, so it's not like I've got anything to lose. :cool:

Kai Lord

Hero
Mark Chance said:
That's not how movie ratings should be compared.
Sure it is.

Mark Chance said:
RotK is not a sci-fi action adventure.
So what. Its a movie. The Academy Awards don't award "Best sci-fi action adventure" they award the best picture, period. So does every critic who has a "Top 10" list, and, well anybody else who casually rates or scores movies in general.

Return of the King didn't win because it was a better fantasy film than Mystic River, it was just a better film.

ROTK, Raiders, ESB, and The Godfather are all different genres, and compare similarly to each other in terms of quality, so if Riddick is a perfect 10 then it should as well. Whether its sci-fi or not is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Kai Lord

Hero
Album Cover X said:
And who cares if someone gives it a 10 or 1 for the matter... Are you going to confront those who do??? Let's all organize a mob and burn down people's houses who disagree with us...
Chill out dude. Its fun to see how similar the tastes of others are compared to our own.

Album Cover X said:
But if someone enjoys a movie should we really be here to belittle them???
Depends on the movie. :cool:

Last edited:

Album Cover X

First Post
Kai Lord said:
Chill out dude. Its fun to see how similar the tastes of others are compared to our own.

Depends on the movie. :cool:

Its all good. I probably took your post in the wrong way in hindsight. Honestly, after I clicked the 'submit reply' button I didn't give this thread a 2nd thought. I agree its fun to compare tastes; I guess the way you said "I want know who these people" are came across to me in a bitter way.

Hey I'm sure there are people out there who even like Gigli. I haven't met any of them yet. But I just didn't want potential voters to think they were gonna get ambushed for saying good things or voting this or any other movie a "10".

Angcuru

First Post
Hmm...I liked Pitch Black even though I never saw the entire thing. Free Ticket in DVD, you say? Then I must make with the purchasing. Save $8 and pick up good movie, good deal. :)

Fast Learner

First Post
Saw it tonight, definitely a very cool sci-fi/fantasy action flick. Note that it's definitely a fantasy flick, too, with spirits and foretold futures and such. I'd be hard-pressed to compare it to anything as it's very much its own film, but there were definitely vibes of Alien/Aliens, Starship Troopers, Pitch Black, Final Fantasy, and Bond films.

Some very cool effects, particularly the way that ships and such distorted the air around them. The overall plot was nicely constructed to both allow this film to stand alone and to still both tie into Pitch Black and be completely set up for the sequel(s).

Tons of action, some good sci-fi and fantasy, and only a few plot holes. I give it an 8 out of 10, and recommend it if you like action.

(It was a bit more violent than I like, but it wasn't terribly gory. I wouldn't recommend it for young kids, but parenting tastes vary widely.)

Fast Learner

First Post
Double-posting to note that while I've never played Warhammer 40k, some of the stuff (the necros and stuff) certainly remind me of what I have seen. Definitely some gaming tie-ins.

Also that Riddick (the character) really kicks ass.

TracerBullet42

First Post
Just wanted to chime in and support Kai Lord with his poll...I agree that it can be nice to see "who" voted in what way. Sometimes you discover that you have similar taste to someone else, and it's nice to see what they thought...

Looking forward to Riddick...will be seeing it this weekend.

Remove ads