Rate The Chronicles of Riddick (No CoR spoilers, some Pitch Black spoilers)

Rate The Chronicles of Riddick on a scale of 1-10

Welverin

First Post
I'd give it a seven or an eight, I'd have to see it again to make up my mind.

Storm Raven said:
So, because a movie is an action flick, the plot doesn't have to make any sense?

Yes, an action movie is all about the action, the plot exists solely to get you from one action sequence to the next. If the action scenes hold up the plot doesn't matter.

Kai Lord said:
Well its a good thing you're here to call attention to this very serious issue. Album Cover and I might not have cleared that up several posts before yours if you hadn't. :]

If you showed a little more respect to begin with there wouldn't be anything to clear up and your choice of smilies certainly doesn't help matters. Saying your sorry or you didn't mean anything by it after the fact doesn't excuse what you said in the first place.

Kai Lord

Hero
Welverin said:
Saying your sorry or you didn't mean anything by it after the fact doesn't excuse what you said in the first place.
I'll let the five pages and 70+ posts of cordial discussion about the movie speak for itself as to whether or not I have to apologize for a joke I made on page 1.

EDIT: And jumping back into the discussion 50 posts after your first complaint just to bring it up again is simply bad form. Lighten up.

Getting back to the movie, I found it interesting that I was very lukewarm about the picture after seeing it but then when I called a friend who had no interest in seeing it and told him the whole story (he asked me to spoil it) I found that it sounded much better. Lots of cool ideas and clever twists in the broad strokes of the story. It was just in the execution of the details that they missed the mark in various places.

For instance, who knows how it would have played with a perfectly cast actor in the role of the Lord Marshall (or at least a very fitting actor.) Or had really nailed the various fight scenes throughout the movie. Diesel and Twohy definitely had some cool ideas.

Last edited:

Storm Raven

First Post
Welverin said:
Yes, an action movie is all about the action, the plot exists solely to get you from one action sequence to the next. If the action scenes hold up the plot doesn't matter.

Good to know. Now I can treat all of your opinions on movies as completely worthless.

Sarigar

First Post
I'm glad I didn't read this thread before I went to see it. Good story, fair acting, great concepts, kick-butt special effects. Gave it a nine. It won't win any Oscars, but then again very few sci-fi/fantasy films ever have beyond technical awards, including most of what most of us here consider greats in these genre's. My fiance tried everything she could to get out of seeing it, saw it anyway, and liked it more than Pitch Black . She is not a sci-fi/fantasy buff in any way shape or form, but I'm working on her.

Remove ads