• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Real Life

AIM-54

First Post
And, apparently, the breed which is the mascot of my alma mater. I get such a huge kick out o' that. Nuttin' bettah than a Bawston Terriah! :D

The_Universe

First Post
Based on a couple of things that happened last night (most of them not directly in the game) I'm of the current opinion that it is time for a formal KoA hiatus. I'm not going to go into details, nor is it any particular player or character at fault. I can detect a reasonable amount of dissatisfaction, and am somewhat annoyed that as time as passed, my ability to run this particular D&D game to the best of my ability (as fair and impartial as is humanly possible, while at the same time trying to drive a story that makes at least some sense) has been increasingly beset by ultimatums from players and characters alike.

So, as immature as it may sound, I am currently of the opinion that it is better for me to "take my ball and go home" before someone else does.

I can probably be convinced that this all in my head, and that I have misread the situation - I'm not perfect. All I know for certain is that if events continue on their present path, my ability to have fun with the game (and to run it as I believe it ought to be run) will be seriously hindered. So much so that my normally burning desire to bring the game to you has suddenly been (essentially) quenched.

So, no blood, no foul.

I'd like to run Star Wars, I think, at least for a short time. That, or a number of possible D20 Modern and/or Superhero games (Mutants and Masterminds being up there, as well). Feel free to post or otherwise disseminate your thoughts. Whatever game we ultimately play, if I'm running it, I'd very much like it if I could be trusted to do so. I have no vested interest in the (any) game other than seeing it reach a satisfactorily interesting conclusion. I think that's been forgotten, so a change of imaginery scenery probably can't hurt.

Let me know what you think.

--Kennon

The_Universe said:
I have no vested interest in the (any) game other than seeing it reach a satisfactorily interesting conclusion. I think that's been forgotten, so a change of imaginery scenery probably can't hurt.

For a bunch of reasons that I won't go into at the moment, I think that Kennon is on the right track. A break might be just what you need to regain your KoA spark that originally made (and that tried and tried to continue to make) the game so damned awesome, Kennon.

The_Universe

First Post
I don't particularly want to stop DM/GMing. I just would like to GM something where slightly fewer of my Story/Gamerunning efforts are systematically thwarted. While that certainly doesn't mean that someone else can't run for a while (or from time to time), I'm not trying to shrug off the GM mantle.

It has largely been a privilege to run the game, it's just that aspects of this particular game have finally "gotten" to me, as I suspect they may have gotten to you all at some earlier date. I love to play, and would relish the opportunity to play, as well - but I've been GMing for too long to stay away for any serious length of time. Whether any of you would choose to play with me again is, I suppose, up to you.

Remove ads