• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Real Life

Xath

Moder-gator
I'll still be working there in the fall, but they've run out of work for the rest of the year.

In other words...They have work, but they still have people with unpaid hours to do and they'd rather use the people they don't have to pay.

I really can't look for a job until I know where I'm going to be living. Noone is going to want to hire me for a month.

Xath

Moder-gator
The Campus Bookstore here has a waitlist for people to work there. Everyone wants to work at the place where they get discounts at all B&Ns and get full value for their sellbacks. That's a no-go.

The only place on-campus that's continually hiring is the Shuttle-UM system, and you're obligated to them for a full semester of work because they pay for your CDL and training.

The_Universe

First Post
Get your Alaskan Bounty Hunter's license - all states recognize other states' bounty licenses - and then start hunting criminals for cold hard cash!

Alternately...

Talk to some of your roommates to see if they would be interested in making some extra money - then tell them that you have a great idea for how you can all get a little richer: start using Ann Arundel Hall as a brothel...and you can be the Madam! You'll be rich!

You could also advertise on campus to help people prepare for finals... you always say how much you **love** math! Make some money with that love! $10/hour way undercuts what most graduate students charge, and it's all under-the-table and tax free.

Additionally, babysitting is a great way to make extra cash. I know that AU has a sort of "baby sitters club" where open jobs are posted and individuals interested in sitting on the babies can post their desire... UMD have anything like that?

Xath

Moder-gator
UMD has an officially run Day-Care center...

The brothel would be an idea, if I didn't live in the Honors dorm, and I wasn't on a hall full of guys.

And there are official channels for free tutoring; not that I'm qualified to tutor much anymore. I know I did Calc II. I just can't remember it.

I'm going to talk to the guys in the Lighting shop about getting some extra hours. Hopefully, that will pan out.

Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
If you see me posting today - send me a message/email/murderous telegram! Tell me to get back to work on my paper! I have to get this done today!
Second verse, same as the first! If I'm messing around on the boards - come to my apartment and SLAP ME. Follow the slap with names not-so-friendly to Eric's grandma's ears!

Laurel

First Post
Xath said:
I'm going to talk to the guys in the Lighting shop about getting some extra hours. Hopefully, that will pan out.
Good luck- also like Kennon said you don't have to tell anyone that you will only be there for a month or simply only a possible month.

Also I don't know how the tech or theater stuff goes, but any way to tutor freshman or simply offer to help freshman out. Don't know if there are book classes or if they have to practice stuff for finals, but that is a way of tutoring the area of which you are studying. Doesn't have to be tutor in math or english, and it may be an area that doesn't have a huge population willing to help tutor. But like I said didn't really take those classes and don't know how UMD works, so not sure. Just a thought.

Remove ads