• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Real Life

Laurel

First Post
Ben & Jerry's makes an ice cream sandwich!!!!!! mmmmm.... now to find one.....

Anyways, hope everyone's week's going good!

And I have to bring up our fun game of munchkin, to see greg as the board terrorist was so out of place for him it was super fun for me to witness. Sorry it was at the expense of Mik :( but it was funny :)

The_Universe

First Post
Laurel said:
Ben & Jerry's makes an ice cream sandwich!!!!!! mmmmm.... now to find one.....

Anyways, hope everyone's week's going good!

And I have to bring up our fun game of munchkin, to see greg as the board terrorist was so out of place for him it was super fun for me to witness. Sorry it was at the expense of Mik :( but it was funny :)
It may have been the most masterfully played board terrorism I have ever witnessed.

The_Universe

First Post
yeah - because it originates (as far as I know) with Risk and Monopoly where there are actual boards, the "losing" player is often reduced to being a board terrorist - alternately hindering the other players at random or acting upon long pent-up grudges.

Grudges are common in risk. "Take me out of Africa, will you...I'll just take one territory from you on EVERY continent, so that, though I will die next turn, THERE'S NO WAY for you to win!" Stuff like that.

Most other games degenerate into random spoiler activity.

Xath

Moder-gator
Bleargh. One more week of this and I'll be done! After this week. I'm not appreciating these 8-5 work days. Though today was pretty nice....

Xath

Moder-gator
So...I got an email at 1:45 saying that I needed to hand in a hard copy of a project I emailed in on Monday by 3pm today. And it needed to be professional looking.

But my printer has pooped out on me and I had an advising appt at 2:30 so I didn't have time to go to Kinko's. So I ran down the hall and printed my stuff on a friend's computer. I ran to the Union to get a plastic slipcover for my project. And then I ran to CSPAC for my advising appt, getting there at 2:32. So then I go to sign in. And I get "Oh, Rita's out sick today, didn't you get the email?" Nope. So I would have had time to go to Kinkos. But oh well.

Xath

Moder-gator
Bad Day

So....my teacher never showed up for my lighting thing, which my entire group was there for at 7am. We called him twice, but finally left at 8.

I saw him at 9:30 and said, "Hey AJ, what happened?" And he got an attitude and said "Well you didn't send me an email with your ideas, so I didn't show up."

So none of the 4 people in my group knew that we were supposed to send this email. And if he hadn't gotten it, you think he would have emailed us or called us to let us know. But no. He just didn't show up. But he's going to "let us make it up." ....what a saint.

I wouldn't have had a problem if he hadn't copped such a big attitude with me. I wish I was in a position to say something like "I don't really like the attitude you're showing me." But unfortunately he grades me, so I can't.

I'm going to schedule a time to talk to him about how I felt his attitude was disrepectful, rude, and tactless. I also want to talk to him about his general passing along of information.

Because he did send us an email about the idea thing. At 8:30am. 1 1/2 hours after we were supposed to meet.

And my audition went horribly today.

And the Blair East (which is the apartment building Mik and I want to move into) had a major fire this morning which killed 2 people. Because none of the smoke alarms work in the building and they got "grandfathered" out of having to put sprinklers in the apartments. So...I'm definitely going to have to do some more checking there.

Remove ads