Pathfinder 1E RECALL - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Shayuri

First Post
Apologies for the repost, but this question is kind of important for me before I reply to the IC thread and I think it got buried by the leveling frenzy :)

Okay, just to make sure I understand what's happening, because we didn't reeeeeally work out what Shay knows and what she doesn't. That's my fault, cuz I was a bit slow in working out her backstory.

My sense is that she's come to Maran following rumors that the Tideruler has either been found, or is currently being sought after. She's interested in it for reasons of her own, but those reasons boil down to research at this point. She wants to know more of the artifact and its origins.

She got to Maran, finagled her way to meet whom I assume is kind of the patron of the other PCs (going from the backstory for the game in the first post), and convinced him to fill her in on who and where they were.

So...given that only knows what this patron knows, would she know anything about 'the Enslaver' and so on? What would he have been able to tell her before she set off to find them?

Leveled to 5th. We can go on.
[MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION], [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION], [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION]
Dram needs the artifact because he's planning to use it to stem the tide. IIRC, the group had some doubts - due to tombs found under Maran and again in warnings of The Gardener (btw, that battlefield was good place to drop one of his seeds) <-- you can tell that I read the thread in one sitting, right? It's fresher for me than for the rest of you.

If the mage uses the artifact to call up old creatures, he may create more problems. If he uses it for personal power - maybe by using it as a threat to creatures bound to it, he may become worse dictator than the snakes.
Finally, if he breaks it and use it to power some super-wish, we don't know what happens.

But I think we should go there for simple expediency
1. He's a archmage, once he realizes we're not coming he'll find us
2. That is the idea of the setting - we need to find another artifact (tideruler), right?
3. Finally, whatever happens may include long ritual and extra hard protection of the caster (yay XP!) and may include us becoming mythic.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
The dwarf gave us the dagger to bring it to Dram. Or at least get away from Vradna. We didn't hear more because snakes crashed the party. I'll re-read the start.

Shayuri

First Post
Arr...but I guess all I really need to know is what the guy who originally sent you forth knows. He's the only one Shayuri has actually talked to. :)

Neurotic

Arr...but I guess all I really need to know is what the guy who originally sent you forth knows. He's the only one Shayuri has actually talked to. :)

We never got the chance to talk to him. He gave us a dagger, mentioned Dram and ushered us into a secret passage before he died. But this MAY be distorted memory (time and all) - as I said, I'll re-read and link relevant posts.

Shayuri

First Post
Oh hell, he died? Hahaha, um...crap. Okay, may need to retcon my connection to the party then.

This is exactly why I wanted to talk OOC before having Shay tell her tale IC. :)

Neurotic

Oh hell, he died? Hahaha, um...crap. Okay, may need to retcon my connection to the party then.

This is exactly why I wanted to talk OOC before having Shay tell her tale IC. :)

That is just an assumption. Maybe you came right after Vradna killed him and you heard his famous last words. :)
Here is the scene

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Thanks for the link!

That actually helps a lot.

I think I need some weigh-in from the GM though. Would my having met with Grontar after this event have been plausible, or should there be some other way Shayuri got involved in this?

Neurotic

Thanks for the link!

That actually helps a lot.

I think I need some weigh-in from the GM though. Would my having met with Grontar after this event have been plausible, or should there be some other way Shayuri got involved in this?

Like...you were with the thieves guild and that information broker who remembered, after Grontar died, the group ushered to him. :)

Remove ads