Pathfinder 1E RECALL - TIDERULER OF MARAN

Shayuri

First Post
Yar, possible. Lots of ways it could go...I'm just thinking it'd be good to get some feedback from the GM before we go hog-wild here. Here's the sizzle on Shayuri, stripped of all specificity so we can adapt it to the setting:

1) She's from somewhere other than Maran...elsewhere in Gaelia or perhaps even from another continent (Ashir perhaps?). She's not a local is the important part.

2) Her interest in the Tideruler is in its history and in its magic...she hasn't got skin in the political game here, though is more than happy to help Maran gain independence if that puts her in a better position to further her goals (and it will). Not to mention she's all for people having self-rule, so long as they seem up to the task.

3) She's particularly interested in the 'dragon gods' and their history in the world...the Tideruler and related artifacts are mostly of interest to her as pathways to that ultimate goal.

4) Shayuri has come to Maran in response to rumors and/or divinations suggestion that the Tideruler is being sought after there. She probably isn't aware of the full situation with lizardmen and so on; though it's likely she's tangled with a few prior to meeting the party. My initial notion was that she learned of the party through meeting Grontar, but this can easily be adjusted to any other applicable source of information that could lead her to them.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
So I get that we're waiting on my post, but I was hoping to get some feedback from you, GM, on backstory before I get into it IC.

Do I need to just make stuff up and retcon later? I don't want to hold things up.

Archon Basileus

First Post
Ok, so...

She can be from any place, and if you want to, you can also create any original areas for her. Since she bears some distinctive traits, Ashir could be an interesting original area, since it deals heavily on planar magic and is not shy of invoking demonic creatures.

The history of the Tideruler is somewhat evasive, so it would be interesting to have her scavenging after more info. All that is known is that the artifact belonged to a former era and first emerged in the hands of the reptilian lords of Gaelia - the dragon gods. Odds are it has something to do with the unstable nature of the world, as anyone magically inclined might tell (plenty of natural conflagrations bringing forth and whisking away distant lands).

As for the dragon gods themselves, their origin is shrouded in mystery, and it is told they came from western lands after internal warfare ran across Gaelia. Their rule was one that succeeded that of the ancestors that held the Enslaver, and it is said that the Tideruler was their creation. They commanded powerful and now forgotten spells, and as far as it goes their main concern would have been to protect Gaelia and other lands from potential disaster. Many of the dragons that now live in the Dread Continent of Khalibar are said to be their descendants, probably the result of a successful lineage that never got to remain in Gaelia for unknown reasons.

The lizardmen rebellion - so to speak - has been quite sudden. Shay might know that these creatures are considered the master races created by the dragon gods long ago. As creation forces, four of them were considered more relevant for the formative structures of a so-called pantheon: Ballur, a creature of blood and honor bound to rule by force, master of war and survival; Andhras the Sunborn, protector of all living things and friend of men, a pacifist by nature; Thuvia, mistress of life and mother of scales, the probable origin of the manyfold saurian races; and Fhynia, goddess of skies and mistress of storms, who banned the sky lords to their homes beyond the horizon with claw and thunder.

Shayuri

First Post
Shayuri's interest in these gods, and in dragonkind, is tied to her sorcerous bloodline, I'm thinking. As she pursued developing her innate magic abilities, certain physical changes accompanied her pursuits. She has since continued, pushing these boundaries. Shayuri believes that both these physical changes and her magical powers are tied somehow to dragons. Seeking knowledge of the most powerful of them (the 'gods') and their artifacts is part of a journey of what she hopes will be self-discovery.

So I'm not sure what 'any place' means without a world map to work from. I suggested Ashir because it was mentioned in-game narrative and seemed to be an exotic far-off place, which is what I'm looking for. :)

So lets say Ashir, just to keep things simple, unless there's another place of origin that all this makes you think would be more appropriate. What's the name of a fairly major city in Ashir and give me an idea of what the culture is like...very very broadly of course?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I'm back home and eager to play :) I'll catch up with the story, but it seems we didn't move much. [MENTION=6855545]Archon Basileus[/MENTION], is that student thingy again?

Archon Basileus

First Post
Yup! I'm so sorry! I'm coming back today! Can you warn thew guys on both games, please? After I prepare the tests, I gotta evaluate all of them. It's about 500 now. I've done nearly 450 thus far. But I'll do the rest during the week, so I can... live again, hehe.

Remove ads