(Recruiting) Kiss of Darkness--Adventure in my Homebrew Setting

Bront

The man with the probe
BTW, where are the character creation rules other than L1 and if it's not core pass it by you first?

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
BTW, where are the character creation rules other than L1 and if it's not core pass it by you first?
Hmmm...I should add those:

Characters use the standard 4d6 drop lowest rules with hopeless characters except for one added quirk--I allow you to roll 7 times and choose 6, which means you can drop a good one to try to become hopeless if you need to (note: this is slightly different from my rules for Spelljamming games).

Hit Points are rolled, but anything below half rounded down becomes half rounded down.

Wealth is Max for Level 1

Bront

The man with the probe
Cool.

Idealy, we should initialize an Invisable Castle account first before we roll, unless he is aware of ours already (Like mine under Bront).

I suggest sticking all that in the 1st post :)

Edit: Obviously, max HP at first BTW.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Cool.

Idealy, we should initialize an Invisable Castle account first before we roll, unless he is aware of ours already (Like mine under Bront).

I suggest sticking all that in the 1st post :)

Edit: Obviously, max HP at first BTW.
Okay, stuck it in the first post--and ya, max HP at first, of course :D

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Either that's not all of it, the world is tiny, or Sundaria is HUGE.

Oh wait, I just saw explored world. So Sundaria would actually be rather Macedonian in its size. :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Lord Wyrm said:
Either that's not all of it, the world is tiny, or Sundaria is HUGE.

Oh wait, I just saw explored world. So Sundaria would actually be rather Macedonian in its size. :)
Either that or the explored world is about a half a continent in size ;) (there's more rainforest to the south, swamp to the east, desert to the west, and something to the north of those mountains--Sundaria is not that big looking at the big map that I have on my computer--the Sea of Remorse is bigger. It's more kingdom-size than Empire-size :))

Rystil Arden

First Post
Lord Wyrm said:
What are the desert cultures like?
There's a big distinction between the people from Thuldyria proper and those from the outlying towns and settlements:

Thuldyria is a city of magic. They have various issues from their history (known to those with Knowledge: History as well as Bards who carry down the tales), but suffice it to say that in the present day, clerics and priests of any sorts are outlawed, and any found in the city are executed as subversives. Knowledge is the currency there, although they accept magic as well, but they have little need for gold, which they see as a pointless currency. The city of Thuldyria is built near the ruins of Old Thuldyria. However, to keep away from the ruins and stay near the large oasis built there long ago by beings unknown, they ran out of space and built up, using complex magical weaves to cause the city to defy gravity, with tall, narrow fluted towers suddenly branching off to large interweaving overpasses and buildings that the laws of physics say should be tumbling down due to lack of proper support.

The outlying villages are claimed by Thuldyria as part of its nation, and indeed, at one point in the past, this was more strongly so, but now, they are fairly autonomous gatherings of nomads and miners, many of which do not heed the ban on priests mandated by their 'capital' (more likely as you move farther out).

Remove ads