• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Recruiting) Kiss of Darkness--Adventure in my Homebrew Setting

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=RA]Could you e-mail me a little bit of info about potential secret/spy type societies active in the game? I think i'm going with the Rogue idea. Last time I played a 1st level wizard, it drove me nuts because I couldn't do anything beyond a little RP and occasionaly use a knowledge skill. Besides, I think that this concept works better with that stat set, while nerd boy needs a 17 or 18 int. yes, I'm at work, but you can use my home e-mail as well.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
[sblock=RA]Could you e-mail me a little bit of info about potential secret/spy type societies active in the game? I think i'm going with the Rogue idea. Last time I played a 1st level wizard, it drove me nuts because I couldn't do anything beyond a little RP and occasionaly use a knowledge skill. Besides, I think that this concept works better with that stat set, while nerd boy needs a 17 or 18 int. yes, I'm at work, but you can use my home e-mail as well.[/sblock]
Sent!

Jolmo

First Post
I'm interested in playing a paladin, I haven't planned further than that yet though. I'd like to know more about paladins in the world: Are they common? Are there any orders or similar that they are often members of? Any suitable gods?

I probably won't drive the postrates upwards, but I'd like to think that I wouldn't slow them down either. I tend to adjust to the pace of the other players and mostly post when there is a new sitation to react to, I probably won't create the situations myself.

I rolled before I reread the updated first post, so the name hasn't been validated but it is the same as my forum name and you can see in the list of latest rolls that no one has made a similar roll between Bront and me. Let me know if you still want me to reroll.

4d6.takeHighest(3)->[5,4,3] = (12)
4d6.takeHighest(3)->[6,3,3] = (12)
4d6.takeHighest(3)->[6,5,3] = (14)
4d6.takeHighest(3)->[6,4,4] = (14)
4d6.takeHighest(3)->[6,5,5] = (16)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Jolmo said:
I'm interested in playing a paladin, I haven't planned further than that yet though. I'd like to know more about paladins in the world: Are they common? Are there any orders or similar that they are often members of? Any suitable gods?

I probably won't drive the postrates upwards, but I'd like to think that I wouldn't slow them down either. I tend to adjust to the pace of the other players and mostly post when there is a new sitation to react to, I probably won't create the situations myself.

I rolled before I reread the updated first post, so the name hasn't been validated but it is the same as my forum name and you can see in the list of latest rolls that no one has made a similar roll between Bront and me. Let me know if you still want me to reroll.

4d6.takeHighest(3)->[5,4,3] = (12)
4d6.takeHighest(3)->[6,5,3] = (14)
4d6.takeHighest(3)->[6,5,5] = (16)
Oh, right. I didn't mention gods:

My homebrew setting using most of the same deities as Forgotten Realms, as I am rather fond of that pantheon (some really interesting gods in there that inspire me to make cool clerics and paladins). However, because I like mixing things around, some of the obscure FR deities are among the important gods in Sundaria--notably, Siamorphe, the minor FR goddess of nobles, has Sundaria city's largest temple.

Paladins:

Paladins are not common, for the path of the paladin is not a simple one, and those who are worthy are not commonplace. However, they aren't extremely rare like in a dark setting or something (the government of Sundaria is mostly Lawful Neutral and Lawful Good, in that order, although notably Princess Elenia Aureolus is Neutral Good). They are champions of good and valour who serve as an encouraging reminder to the people of the upright path. As for special orders, there is a monastery famous for its humble but holy paladins and monks of various deities in that town that's a white dot due north of Sundaria. Otherwise, the churches of paladin-friendly gods are always proud to sponsor a paladin.

As to the rolls, I do see that you were the last one to do the seven stat rolls since Bront, so I'll let it slide :)...this time :p

JimAde

First Post
Rystil: I'd be up for joining, if you'll have me. :) As far as class/race, I'll take a look at what everybody else is doing and "fill the gaps".

EDIT: Ok, I initially posted this just to "hold my place." I've now read the details, so here's a little about me and my posting:

I generally post once or more per weekday. I usually don't post at all on the week-ends. If that's a problem, I probably shouldn't join up. I do try to engage conversations and hooks when I can, but my posts are generally pretty short. It's rare that I'll post more than four or five sentences in a post, but those sentences will include conversational hooks when appropriate. I don't usually do a lot of internal dialogue, though I will on occasion. Is that the sort of info you're looking for?

By the way, what defines a "hopeless" character?

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I'm interested, always.

I think you know a good bit about me. I'm a multiple post per day poster with an EST time zone. Conversation and whatnot is dependent on the character.

As for classes and races, I've got to aske about psionics. Mostly likely a Telepath, though that could change.

My invisible castle account is Keia (it's been used plenty before!)

What's the start time on this one - off the ground before the hollidays (on purpose!) after, however it works?

KEia

Rystil Arden

First Post
JimAde said:
Rystil: I'd be up for joining, if you'll have me. :) As far as class/race, I'll take a look at what everybody else is doing and "fill the gaps".

EDIT: Ok, I initially posted this just to "hold my place." I've now read the details, so here's a little about me and my posting:

I generally post once or more per weekday. I usually don't post at all on the week-ends. If that's a problem, I probably shouldn't join up. I do try to engage conversations and hooks when I can, but my posts are generally pretty short. It's rare that I'll post more than four or five sentences in a post, but those sentences will include conversational hooks when appropriate. I don't usually do a lot of internal dialogue, though I will on occasion. Is that the sort of info you're looking for?

By the way, what defines a "hopeless" character?
Thanks, that's useful info to have and that begs a good question: How many people don't post weekends? I know there's a good number, so you shouldn't worry about being alone in that.

Hopeless characters have a net status bonus of +0 (so for instance 18 17 15 7 5 3 has a net of +0, and at 37 PB is probably the highest PB a hopeless character can have) or have no stats of 14 or above. Since you can drop a high stat to become hopeless, this means that your character will either have two stats 14 or higher or else you chose to keep it anyway for some reason (perhaps an 18 13 13 13 13 13 was calling to you :))

Rystil Arden

First Post
Keia said:
I'm interested, always.

I think you know a good bit about me. I'm a multiple post per day poster with an EST time zone. Conversation and whatnot is dependent on the character.

As for classes and races, I've got to aske about psionics. Mostly likely a Telepath, though that could change.

My invisible castle account is Keia (it's been used plenty before!)

What's the start time on this one - off the ground before the hollidays (on purpose!) after, however it works?

KEia
Well, as you know, to paraphrase Diaglo's hat of d20, my love of psionics knows no limit. Psionics does exist in my campaign world, but there is only one Psion in the explored world (and no Psychic Warriors, Soulknives, or Wilders), and there is a reason--humans (and the other core races) can't develop psionic power naturally, and the one psion was the subject of twisted experiments to make him that way. However, since the one Psion is also a Telepath, I suppose it would be possible for your character to have had a Wild Talent awakened by his Psychic Chirurgery if your character was originally his apprentice as part of the character's backstory.

Remove ads