Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen

Redclaw

First Post
Wroat, the second Mol of Barrakas, 1002 YK

The newly chartered adventuring party and guild is recovering in Wroat, freshly returned from their first action under official license. They sit in the common room of the Inn of the Broken View (named for its large window looking across the Howling River at Brokenblade Castle), enjoying a liesurely evening meal. A new supply of money lines their pockets, new items of magic mingle with their other possessions, and a sense of accomplishment nourishes their souls.

For the first time in weeks there is no soreness to their limbs, there are no insects dining on their blood, and there is no urgent sense of danger around every corner. It is, in fact, perfectly peaceful and comfortable. As the wife of the innkeeper brings a platter loaded with steaming fresh bread, a pile of fresh ribs and another pitcher of ale, all seems right with the world.

Then everyone is startled to see Talas freeze in mid-motion, hand halfway to the food.

[sblock=Talas]
With no warning, you suddenly hear the voice of what sounds like a gnome inside your head. Your services are requested. Bring your companions to Kern's Rest and Revelry tomorrow morning to discuss arrangements. Be prepared to travel. A House Sivis Service. And just like that the voice is gone.[/sblock]

Rogue's Gallery

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
"One more blow against the great darkness! One more quest accomplished in the name of righteousness! We will draw more followers to the the shining beacon of our good name, and bring great peace and well being to the world."

With his bold red and blue cloak and stupidly heavy armor, Drekhad makes heavily exagerrated motions and shakes his fist at the air constantly while speaking. He hasn't shut up in ten minutes now.

"We will prevail! We will cast out the hated enemy and bring the world into the light. I will not fail you as your bold and victorious leader, not now not ever."

Turning towards the open window view, more quietly, "We will show them just who we are. They are not worthy to be our opponents."

EvolutionKB

First Post
Talas

Talas had enjoyed the quiet days, as much as one could with Drekhad around. His hand reached towards the meal, but he pauses midway and cocks his head, as if listening to a distant conversation. He closes his eyes in concentration, trying to filter out the speech that Drekhad currently was making.

Talas reopens his eyes and looks to his brother, then the rest of their new guild. They had established quite a bit of fame recently. "Our services are requested tomorrow," he says loudly, not bothering to signal to Drakhad that he had something to say. "Unknown proprietor, we meet tomorrow morning at Kern's Rest and Revelry. We are supposed to be prepared for travel." He then mutters under his breath, "More rations, I hate rations."

He then grabs a handful of ribs and a mug full of ale and takes his time in the first plate, savoring every bite and sip.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Bregan listens to Talas' words with interest. They were going to travel again. Excellent. He wondered if Drekhad had heard. That one spoke constantly. Without a word, Bregan stood and retired to his room with the intent of making sure his gear was in proper working order.

Zurai

First Post
Alexa, too, has learned by now to tune out Drekhad's sermons; it's not that she disagrees so much as she's heard all of them. Repeatedly. She perks up at Talas' announcement, though. "A new mission so soon? I think I'm going to like this adventuring guild business!". She grins at her companions then digs into the food. "Mmmm, these ribs are great!"

WakkaWakka

First Post
Cholas

Over their eating (and their "leader"'s musings), the willowy figure remarks playfully to his brother:
"Ah, Talas... it won't hurt going back to rations for a while - you'll enjoy more your food after... you already do!"

As an enthusiastic smile - they're working again! - shines on him, he turns to the rest of the table:
"I don't really like all the secrecy... well, at least we are getting known - it's not another mission for the church!"

Redclaw

First Post
Your rooms and the rest of your meal are paid for (from the proceeds of your last adventure). Feel free to keep the discussion going, and let me know when you're ready to head on to Kern's.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Bregan sits in his room and quietly goes over this equipment. He checks his bow for flaws. He checks his wonderous armor for anything out of place. Content that his equipment was ready, he begins to put on Hunters Shelter.

Redclaw

First Post
The next morning you get direction to Kern's Rest and Revelry from your host. Aye, I know where Kern's is. That's a right restive hostel, that is. You won't be getting much rest there. He tries hard to convince you to stay at the Broken View, but also tries to keep you happy with your experience by providing good directions. Just remember, it's run by two 'Marked Houses, Ghallanda and Thuranni, so don't be caught unawares. Rumor has it there's a fair bit of secret dealings that happen in private rooms to the back.

It takes you a little over 30 minutes to traverse part of the city, including crossing the river on a ferry. Eventually you find yourself outside your destination. It looks warm and inviting, promising beds, food and entertainment. As you enter you see a large common room with three different stages spread far enough apart that they shouldn't interfere with each other too much. Each stage has its own grouping of tables surrounding it. At the moment only one of the stages is in use, holding a solo lutist, quietly strumming a gentle tune. A number of patrons sit at a large table near the bard.

Seeing you arrive, a perky young half-elf comes over with a welcoming smile on her face. Welcome to Kern's, friends. Unless I miss my guess, you are the Burden brothers and company, yes? Please, your party is waiting for you in one of our private rooms.

The host leads you to a second-floor room, partially open to the floor below and with an excellent view of the stage. The sounds of the lute carry above the faint din of breakfast. A number of chairs are arranged closest to the balcony's edge, and a low table against the back wall of the room is laden with fruits and pastries.

A middle-aged human with dark hair and neatly trimmed beard stands near the chairs, apparently enjoying the musical performance. He turns as the door opens, gesturing to the table. Please, help yourselves. My name is Sur'kil, and we have business to discuss, which is always more pleasant on a full stomach.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Bregan sits at the table quietly, paying close attention but not wanting to say anything. Better to keep your mouth shut and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt, he thought to himself. Those were words he lived by and often was amused at the races that did just that, made themselves look like fools.

Remove ads