Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen; Flashback - IC

renau1g

First Post
Fenwick will look at Rosa as she speaks to the group. He'll whisper to her in Gnomish "Do we want to get caught up in a tribal war Rosa? I know we could use their help, but it might be too risky. I just don't see our small group being able to take down a powerful tribe."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Why don't you ask him about the place we are headed. We have maps, and they can probably show us where on the map these other tribes are. With our luck, they are holed up where we are headed, so either way, we're gonna have to cross them sometime."

Arabesu

Back in common and turning to address the question to all assembled: "You do this for us? Get spear? Yes? We tell you about Blackscales? Agreed?"

There is a tone that suggests he is trying to broker a bargain.

moritheil

First Post
Rosa whispers back to Fenwick in Gnomish while the elder addresses the entire group. "Our purpose here is information."

When the shaman stops speaking, Rosa tries to cut in before anyone else can speak. "Honored elder." Suppressing a sigh, Rosa switches to Common. "As you can see, my comrades and I will need to carefully consider and discuss this," she says, hoping to cut off the general debate this has become. "I believe it really would be best for you and for us if you tell us about the other tribe first, so we can know a little more about the situation. After all, if we try but fail, that will be bad for us but it will also be bad for you. They might even grow more arrogant and demanding after such an attempt."

OOC: Rosa is not seriously considering turning the relic over in exchange for two slaves, but she is in earnest about wanting that information, and willing to consider other possibilities. She honestly feels that the elder should be willing to share some information if he seriously wants help. She fails to see what he gains from not telling them, anyway. Anything less will indicate to her that he is treating them as expendable pawns rather than taking them seriously.

Last edited:

Arabesu

Rosa senses that the elder is not stupid and KNOWS that his only really valuable bargaining chip IS the information. The slaves are a trivial part of the negotiations in his mind, and you sense that he really does want to both help you and help his tribe. So if you think you will pry out the info without agreeing, then you will need to make considerably better arguments. Remember, he is now friendly and helpful toward you, not devoted or fanatical.

Nevertheless, he seems to know that doling out parts of the information may lead you to consider his offer more seriously.

"I will tell you part of my information and you will consider. If I tell you more and the Blackscales find out we helped but they are not defeated... well it be bad for us unless they all defeated, if we help. The Blackscales have made camp a week's walk, or 4 days ride to the east more or less directly in your path. Temple is there." When he sees eyes shift to one another at the mention of the temple he smiles a slight but toothy smile, "You wish to hear more, yes? I can tell you about safe spots."

Last edited:

moritheil

First Post
"I can see how that possibility would concern you," admits Rosa. "Very well, please give us a moment to discuss the matter before we answer."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"If there is an item worth taking, then by all means, I think we should take that chance. Besides, it's not like we're going out of our way. It would appear that either way, we have to cross this other tribe."

Vertexx69

First Post
Looking sternly at the decrepit old shaman, Hightower sighs as the undertoned negotiations drag on, then looks longingly toward the jungle path that stretches out before him. In a clear voice that leaves little room for misinterpretations he says. "I think we have wasted enough time speaking to the denizens of the forest. We have places to be as I'm sure they have as well. Let us be off and let these lizard folk tend to their own matters." And with that mounts the sturdy draft horse and waves up the others.

moritheil

First Post
Rosa waits patiently on the rest of the group for their opinions. There already is no consensus, meaning that her course is clear, but she knows the importance of doing things properly for important decisions.

renau1g

First Post
"Rosa, If you think their information will help us out, I'm with you. If not, then let's sce-daddle" Fenwick says, while anxiously rubbing his hands together.

Remove ads