Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC: Agreed once again -- the outside well seems the logical choice.

"I can make one of you invisible for a short time to scout out the area beyond the well -- but I somewhat think that is not exactly the best course of action, for we cannot expect ANYONE down there to NOT know where we are after the last hour or so of banging on that damn rock."

If requested, Hedowin will cast invisibility on someone to scout out below (probably Kason). Else, he is willing to send Ebony down through the hole for a quick reconoiter of the immediate area they are dropping into.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Yeah, invisibility is the ticket. Brilliant idea! Kason is enthusiastically supportive of the idea.

OOC We're not, like, talking right on top of the well are we? Where the monsters can hear us? Cause that would be capitally stupid enough to warrant a TPK...

EvolutionKB

First Post
Talas wipes the sweat from his brow, his clothes were soaked in sweat for having been taking turns bashing in the well. What I would give for one of the cooling springs that the holy ones back home bathe in right now.

After breaking through the well, Talas offers his opinions on scouting the interior. "I think you should send the bird down there for right now. Once we are all properly down there, invisibility would be an option. If Kason got caught somehow before we were down there, we don't want to be blundering around down there without knowing what we are up against. Your bird's mobility is a great asset to us in scouting and if we didn't need the invisibility for scouting then that much the better."
[sblock=ooc]I take it the spells of acid resistance have wore off? 50 min duration.[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Chevri peered curiously down into the well as the others prepared their scouting strategy. She wondered what was behind the stone barricade (or what was left of it), and it wouldn't do for the dragon to pop out while they were getting ready.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Hedowin, Mage 5, Hp: 21/21

"I think it should only take Ebony a moment to ascertain the hostility of the immediately room below."

He turns to Ebony and speaks to him in a low, calm voice,"I need you to fly down below the ground and look for anything that is alive. Come back to me immediately."

The black bird bobs its head up and down,"I go. I go."

Then, like a stone, the bird folds its wings and drops down the well, passing through the hole in the stone cover.

[sblock=OOC]
If the area below is lit, Hedowin will do nothing else but wait for Ebony to return. If it is dark, then he will cast light upon a stone and drop it through the hole.
[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
The area below is illuminated only by the light coming in from the well, until Hedowin drops a glowing stone. With the addition of a light source, the spcae below becomes somewhat visible. It appears to drop another 20' down from the bottom of the well, making it 40' total from the ground. From where you stand you can see a number of massive bones, resting on a pile of glittering coins.

As you watch, you see a 4' long black body fly across your field of vision, and hear a startled cry that sounds like Ebony. Hedowin gets hammered by a rush of fear and pain through his empathic link with the familiar as it takes 4 points of damage.

Initiative rolls please.

s@squ@tch

First Post
Hedowin, Mage 5, Hp: 21/21

Hedowin cries out in pain and concern as the psychic waves from Ebony hit him. "Hurry back to me!" he shouts.

His worst fears quicky overcome his mind as he realizes his dear friend is no where near as manuevreable or fast as the dragon is.

[sblock=OOC]
Initiative:
Hedowin, Ebony initiative (1d20+1=18, 1d20+2=20)

If he has line of sight to the dragon, he will cast an empowered Magic Missile from the wizard side while using a charge from his gloves to make 3 missiles.

First action though, will be to get Ebony out of there and away from the dragon.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads