Arabesu's Eyes of the Lich Queen; Flashback - IC

Vertexx69

First Post
Hightower looks at the chest in earnest, glad to have something to distract him from the undulating blue water that he now finds himself surrounded by. The aprehension he is feeling about the water, quite visible at the edges of his stoney visage and deep within his fiery eyes. The early morning sun glinting off of the shinier portions of his obsidian hide, give his all too mundane though striking appearance an air of the mystical.

Arabesu

moritheil said:
Rosa peers at Sur'kil. "A moment. The crypt is of the half-dragon, or of the demon?"

Well, my research suggests that it was guarded by a half-dragon. But incomplete as such information always is, I would advise being ready for anything."

Arabesu

The chest contains 1800 gp.

It takes five days to journey from Sharn to Adderport by sea. During that time you learn that the crew of the Swiftwind is competent and able, but inexperienced at warfare; you realize that you are want for anything to do except train and practice your craft during the five days. The crew seem ok with this; perhaps they see your role as mercernery reserves, at the ready should the craft be boarded.

However, little happens along the way except that you once glimpse the shores of Zilargo for a time and the gnomes get a bit misty eyed for their homeland.

Ariving in Adderport, Sur'kil departs. He has research to do and would be no help on an expedition of this nature. However her knows that you will have questions and will want to contact him during your mission. To facilitate this he gives you two Sending stones. These act just like the spell Sending and are consumed during use. He asks in particular that you contact him via the stones should attain the items, or if you are turning back empty-handed.

The temple is roughly 160 to 200 miles from Adderport through the jungle. Sur'kil has crafted a map during the five days at sea, based upon modern maps of Korvaire and his research. Without mounts, you should be able to cover about 16 miles a day, so it should take you about 10 days or so.

Sur'kil will loan you ponies and horses, but any animal trained for war or anything other than simple riding you will have to purchase. With mounts you should move considerably faster: 32+ miles per day. The jungle is anticipated to be too difficult for mounts about 10 to 25 miles from the temple so you will need to make a semi-permanent camp and recollect them on your way back.

Unless you have further questions or purchases, you can strike out from Adderport whenever you are ready.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Trent surveys the gear, making sure that he has all that is needed. Once he does, he turns back to the horse, knowing that it will make this trek a lot easier and quicker. Might as well take advantage of the free mount.

"Well, if everyone is ready... Let's get the show on the road."

moritheil

First Post
Though a fleeting impulse to wander the city, gather rumors, and check on opportunities stirs in Rosa's heart, the gnome knows that the present job cannot wait. She turns her minds to practicalities.

"Are the mounts enough? Should we get an extra pack animal, or has that been provided for? Does anyone want to guess at how many rations we should purchase, since it may be too dangerous to forage for food?"

Arabesu

Faris chimes in, "I don't need a mount, I am as fast as any of them in predator or avian form. My horse can be used to carry loads."

OOC I'm going to NPC Faris until Jack of Tales returns to posting.

Vertexx69

First Post
Hightower glances at the horses that he clearly weighs almost as much as. "Well we can always give it a try. Do you have any mounts that might be a bit sturdier?"

Arabesu

Sur'kil winces as the grimy man leaves with his bag of coin. It is unclear whether he is a hostler or farrier, but he is clearly not of House Vadalis.

"I paid far too much for his nags, but he was the only one who could guarantee that he would buy them back when you return. Try to keep them healthy."

The stableman leads out six animals. Fit for riding are two well groomed ponies, two light horse, and one heavy draft horse nearly the size of an elephant, but surprisingly skittish for an animal of its immense size. The sixth and last animal is a heavy horse with an odd look to it as if it is not fully well in the head. All agree that this last animal should be used as the pack animal since Faris needs no mount. All are outfitted with saddle etc, except "Faris'" which is heavily ladened with multiple saddlebags.

renau1g

First Post
Looking at the assembled means of conveyance, Fenwick will smile in appreciation "Although I usually don't enjoy riding on horses, I much prefer it to having to trudge through the forest. I will feel even better once we investigate this supposed half-dragon." Fenwick will make one last lookover of his gear and strap everything onto his pony, before mounting up and giving a slight wave to Sur'kil

Remove ads