Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen

pathfinderq1

First Post
Graf said:
Any o' you casters got anything for opening? Like a knock? If not it looks like we're going to have to go in the noisy way...
from the sour look on Kason's face you'd think he'd just eaten an entire bag of limes.

Chevri had peered over the rim of the well, watching the searching process with (apparent) interest. As Kason clambered back up, she stepped back, and took a long sweeping view of the area around the temple portico. "I have nothing that would be useful today, but I might prepare a ritual tomorrow that could help. It seems as if most of the lizardfolk have left the area, though, so perhaps a bit of a wait might not be so dangerous as we expected..."

s@squ@tch

First Post
Hedowin, Mage 5, Hp: 21/21

"Alas, even with an infinite amount of time, I would be of no use to break through such wards." Hedowin exclaims.

"Perhaps we could try each of the other two wells to see if we reach the same result?"

"If not, we must regroup -- for there must be a way to gain entrance to the lower level -- for it appears that the black whelp had a support crew down there for it -- they can't all have the power of flight."

Redclaw

First Post
You all have searched pretty thoroughly. You haven't found any sign of another entrance/exit to whatever lies beneath the temple. You also haven't found any sign of the artifacts most of you have been hired to seek.

Do you want to try to break through the bottom of the well, or do you want to wait until tomorrow so that Chevri can prepare an appropriate spell?

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC: I'm all for trying to break through the plate if possible. If that doesn't work, then I think waiting for Chevri to prepare an appropriate spell would be the most logical choice.

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: I suppose we can try to break through by mundane means for a while (say until night time, or until something else draws our attention). If we don't make any real progress, we can cap the wells for the night (with bodies, or parts of the huts, which we should be able to demolish fairly easily), camp in the temple, and let Chevri pray for Stone Shape in the morning... Unless someone has a better plan.

s@squ@tch

First Post
OOC: Agreed. If we make no progress on the well doors, then we should camp out in the temple -- we might be able to catch someone coming in or out of one....

Redclaw

First Post
It takes a solid hour of work, with Drekhad and Talas trading off to avoid exhaustion, before a hole large enough for everyone to fit through is hacked through the foot-thick stone door. Peering through the wreckage, it is evident that the "well" drops another 20 feet down to a hewn stone floor.

Which well did you hack through, anyway?

Graf

Explorer
Kason looks down at the blackness. Don't suppose they heard us... do ya he mutters.

Then, checking his ropes one more time, he makes ready to rappel his way down into the gloom [ooc: climb +2 using knotted rope].

Remove ads