Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen

EvolutionKB

First Post
Talas

The Previous night:

"I don't really like all the secrecy... well, at least we are getting known - it's not another mission for the church!"

"Me either, remember when we fought that pack of ghouls in the secret underground chamber of the Church of Dol Arrah? They thought they had a rat problem, and they didn't even know the passage was there. Knowledge like that is best shared with others. Then again, the ghouls probably didn't want anybody to find their lair, so knowledge means different things to different people." Talas rubs his chin in thought. "I don't like the idea of being invited to a place we don't know, by an unknown person. Be on your guard, we've made some enemies along our way, and don't want to have all our victories be spoiled by some cowardly ambushers."

[sblock=In addition]I can't tell if the part of the Chola's quote above is relief or disappointment(considering the character probably disappointment). If it is relief, I'll say the following as well: "Now brother, are you finally admitting that my arcane skills are superior to your skills in the divine?"[/sblock]

When arriving at the hostel, Talas let's somebody else lead, preferably his twin. He was not the appointed leader of this band. That was not his duty. He lets out a faint sigh.

While walking up to the private room, Talas taps the hilt of his flail to the beat of the distant music of the lute. He eyes the pastries and then his companions. He sits and speaks abruptly, "I prefer business before pleasure, now speak what you will."

WakkaWakka

First Post
[sblock]It was relief, actually... so Cholas rolled his eyes, keeping warm their unending debate "Oh, Tal... we'll spread the Flame's glory out of the church, now.
Weren't you tired of preaching to the choir?"
[/sblock]

At the hostel...
Your manners, Tal... we're also representing the church here... oh, well - it will do no harm, learning our mission first, and planning as we eat...
Comfortably sat, he waits for their host to start, an easy smile on his lips.
He's studing the man as he speaks - that's not a church mission, so his guard is kept high.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Drekhad introduces himself to every person that passes one way or another by saying one of these four things:

"We are the invincible Burden Brother's Brigade!"

"There's nobody that can stop us."

"Burden Brother's Brigade coming through."

"We will destroy whatever evildoers we come across!"

Zurai

First Post
Alexa sways back and forth in her seat in response to the lutist below, seemingly without realizing it. Her attention is focused first on the light repast spread before them, from which she selects a single pastry and a couple varieties of fruit to pick at, and then on their host. She quickly and efficiently slices an apple into eighths with one of her daggers, then divides the pastry into similarly sized chunks. She stacks a slice of apple onto one of the pastry chunks, then daintily eats the combined treat, half-closing her eyes in pleasure and licking her lips to get all of the sweet flavor.

Redclaw

First Post
Sur'kil looks slightly taken aback by your lack of interest in the food, but he quickly recovers and joins you by the chairs. Yes, well, let's proceed then. I am what you might call an independent researcher. I have recently uncovered hints and rumors of an ancient site dating back to the so-called Age of Demons. I would like to employ you to investigate this location, and to retrieve a relic that I believe might yet remain there.

The task is not without some degree of danger, which is why I require the services of individuals such as yourselves.
Sur'kil continues. The location, while nominally still in Khorvaire, is somewhat remote, and so I would like to procure your services for a period of at least four weeks. You will have free choice of any treasure found at the site with the exception of the relics I seek, for which you will be rewarded in full. I can offer you each a base fee of 25o gp per week plus travel expenses. I will provide half up front. He watches you expectantly.

Attachments

• Sur'Kil.jpg
    Sur'Kil.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 88

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Bregan shakes his head, A ancient site of demons........ Ancient places do not lose their power. It either lies dormant or transforms. Which leads me to two possible conclusions: these "relics" hold ancient power or are the ancient power. So which is it?He wasn't afraid of such a place, he wasn't afraid of much. He did want the companions to think about this one though, which is why he finally spoke. He did not want to be the reason why a human came to untold power.

Redclaw

First Post
Sur'kil gives Bregan an appraising look, nodding in recognition of his wisdom. True, such sites can contain great power. I am not sure what you will find, although I am not expecting items of actual power. More likely you will discover tablets or slates with ancient writings, lost works of art or symbology, and other equally exciting finds.

[sblock=OnlytheStrong]
You sense no actual dishonesty in what Sur'kil says, but it seems like there might be a bit more to the situation than he is telling you. [/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
I shall agree, as I am sure this band will, to investigate this area for you. Know this however, I shall not turn over anything that we deem as powerful. Those items will be given to the proper people, or destroyed entirely. He pauses for a moment, gauging the man's reaction, Agreed?

Redclaw

First Post
Sur'kil's stare is pained, and then turns as cold as ice at this. I absolutely will not agree to those terms. I can not condone the destruction of any item of antiquity. My life's work is the study of ancient knowledge and art, any piece of which could be groundshaking in its significance.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
So you would play with powers that are beyond your control? Bregan leans forward slightly, putting more weight on his feet. We have spent the better part of our lives protecting this land and the people in it. I shall not and will not have one person, for their own greed, endanger the lives of everyone. Bregan takes a deep breath and calms himself. Perhaps you will be kind enough to inform us of that which you are leaving out? he states matter-of-factly.

Remove ads