Request: Move the Optimization Section back into the General 5e Section

Fanaelialae

Legend
Is there any way to filter the threads in D&D General to get it back to the way it was previously? I understand Mistwell's point, but if seeing all the threads is going to be the new default, it would be nice to have some option to view it the original way.

CapnZapp

Legend
At least have a charop & houserule forum as a 5e subsection.

Lumping together discussions that by definition are highly rules-centered and thus edition specific makes it worthless IMO.

CapnZapp

Legend
The best solution IMO would be to collect all 5e discussions in a single forum as the default, but make it mandatory to select a tag when you start a new thread.

Then offer an easy way to set a "no charop" filter that's always on for logged in users.

PS. Just as we get threads posted to the wrong forum we will get incorrectly tagged posts. But switching tags can't be more onerous than moving threads...?

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
This is great. I may not care about the character optimization stuff, but I'm super happy to have the house rules and other creations mixed in. Being locked in a another forum meant they never got the attention they deserved.

Agamon

Adventurer
Not a fan of the mixed forum, myself, but we'll see how it goes.

Yeah, as I've previously stated, I'm not either. Not that I'm completely uninterested in the mixed content, as I actually visited other boards. (how difficult is that anyway?)

On a similar note, I did like the "All D&D" amalgamation that used to have a link at the top of the forum. Is that no longer an option?

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I am liking the houserules and character builds appearing in the main forum :) Thanks for testing this. I bumped four Character Build threads today to see what happens. I will report back if I notice anything noteworthy.

Last edited:

Remove ads