Request: Move the Optimization Section back into the General 5e Section

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Actually, with what is sure to be the new mass influx of WotC forum refugees, separating out the forums entirely again might be wise...just from a sheer # of posts that will begin to appear in the 5e general discussion board.

Just a thought/suggestion.

Yeah, add my voice to the "Please go back to the way it was, or at least allow an easy, one-click way for us to do so on our own" chorus. I find the new combination horribly cluttered and irritating to use. :(

Agamon

Adventurer
Is it maybe possible to have the General board be it's own "sub board"? Then if someone likes everything all in one spot, they have a place, and those of us that don't want that have a less cluttered board.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Is it maybe possible to have the General board be it's own "sub board"? Then if someone likes everything all in one spot, they have a place, and those of us that don't want that have a less cluttered board.

I don't even know what that means! :)

CapnZapp

Legend
I'm thinking this is a wee bit confused right now:

What I think people want (and what Fanaelialae and Thalmin's questions were about) is individually choosing (logged in users, obviously) which if any of the subforums you personally see.

What I believe Agamon is asking is related: when you go into one of 5th ed's "sub boards" (like "D&D News" for example: you (obviously) only see those threads, no other board involved. Furthermore, the homebrews and charop boards are really more like "sister boards" but I still think these are what Agamon had in mind, since they're mixed into the main board's view.

Can you do that for the main 5th edition board too? Setting up a "board" we can click on to get only the 5th edition board's own threads; not including and sub boards, sister boards or eskimo brother boards :)

Look, I want a view including all 5th edition threads, including 5th edition charop threads. But I don't want 4th edition anything and I don't need the new Adventurer's League forum either. But that's just me. (And possibly Mistwell?) Steeldragons upthread sound like he prefers only main-board threads, with no charop or homebrew. Add one count for Agamon, and you start to see how one size won't fit everybody.

So, is this possible? That would be great!

Also, it would end the confusion :)

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Oh no, Capn, I'm all over the Homebrew threads.:cool: But never the "charop" board (and/or avoid threads with that as a topic)

I think what Agamon is talking about is, basically, just change the name of the D&D5e to "All D&D 5e" or some such.
Then, "D&D 5e General Discussion" [what is now pre-merged/not showing other forum threads "D&D 5th Edition"] becomes a separate sub-forum to just have the general 5e topics/thread. "Homebrew/Houserules", "Character Builds/ Optimization", "General [non-5e] D&D", "Pathfinder", and "[5e] Adventurer's League" all stay sub-forums, as they are.

The new/to be created "All 5e Discussion" will show all threads from "5e General Discussion", all threads from "Adventurer's League", threads from "Homebrews" with a 5e tag, and threads from "Builds/Op"with the 5e tag.

Is that clearer/does that make sense?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
What I think people want (and what Fanaelialae and Thalmin's questions were about) is individually choosing (logged in users, obviously) which if any of the subforums you personally see.

I'm not a compiler programmer, unfortunately. I install and use stuff, and flip some settings options, but I don't know how to write it. The software we use doesn't allow these things to be customisable per user.

CapnZapp

Legend
Then I'm all for the solution proposed by Agamnon.

Remove all inclusions from the current main 5e board, so that only threads from that particular board shows up.

Then create a new "all of 5e" board, which shows not only its own threads, but the 5e tagged threads in home-brewed, charop, and so on too.

Remove ads