• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Revised monk

Aus_Snow

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
I must agree. This is a great thread; however, I've only skimmed it so far. Keep up the good work all.
Seconded, thirded or something along those lines. :)

Really interesting looking Monk. In a good way, I mean.

Kerrick

First Post
I've been kinda busy lately, and I'm starting a new job today, but I'll try to think up some stuff while I'm there. I will finish this, I promise.

Kerrick

First Post
Good news! I've been applying my brain this class while I was at work this week, and I've come up with some new abilities. It's not totally done yet, but I added a couple to the Mountain Style and the Water Style. I've also revised everything else (rearranged and updated abilities) and added a few abilities to the main class (I've had them for awhile, just didn't realize they weren't there). This thing is shaping up very nicely - a little more work and I can call it done. I'm going to rent a few martial arts movies this weekend so I can get some ideas for the Sun Style. ;)

Sylrae

First Post
Sweet.

Fatiguing strike: Successive strikes are not cumulative. is that referring to the penalties not increasing, or does that mean that if you do it again after 8 minutes the counter doesnt start over with another 10 minutes?

Earthsense: Should work if they're standing on objects. otherwise a sules lawyer could argue that if they wear shoes earthsense doesn't work on them. or, they'll just stand on their shield or something.

and why does mountain use CHA for ability uses. should it not be Con? or at least STR?

and for Wind, the abilities that use Cha instead of Dex, should probably be using wisdom.

ohter than that, awesome. looks almost done.

oh, and maybe fix the spoiler box for the first few classes.

Kerrick

First Post
Sweet.

Fatiguing strike: Successive strikes are not cumulative. is that referring to the penalties not increasing, or does that mean that if you do it again after 8 minutes the counter doesnt start over with another 10 minutes?
Both.

Earthsense: Should work if they're standing on objects. otherwise a sules lawyer could argue that if they wear shoes earthsense doesn't work on them. or, they'll just stand on their shield or something.
True. If someone did that to me, I'd just smack him in the head with a PHB, but some people are lacking in common sense.

and why does mountain use CHA for ability uses. should it not be Con? or at least STR?
Oops. It should be Con.

and for Wind, the abilities that use Cha instead of Dex, should probably be using wisdom.
Should be Dex. I'll fix those.

ohter than that, awesome. looks almost done.

oh, and maybe fix the spoiler box for the first few classes.
Sweet. I'll fix that too.

Kerrick

First Post
Patience, young padawan. As it happens, I did some work on it last night and added a few abilities - Mountain Style got an Acolyte-level ability, Sun Style got several. I'm still at a loss to do a non-supernatural Grandmaster ability for Sun, though. :( I'll keep working on it.

Sylrae

First Post
we started a game today where we have a wind/bagua school martial artist. so far its pretty good, but theyre still level one so he still hasn't tried any of the school specific things. though the insane move bonus they get might be too big.

he picked a race with a 40 move speed, and he's gonna get like a +70 by level 20, and he wanted to take fleet of foot on top of all that.

the amount of +10s you get should be a bit smaller I think. like
maybe have it increase from +10 to +20 or at most, to +30.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I say let him be as fast as he wants to be.

A high speed just means you're farther away from help when the fit hits the shan.:p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads