• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Robotic Sentry MG

Aussiegamer

First Post
Robotic Sentry Gun

Robotgun.jpg

Its OBC (On Board Computer)

GunOBC1.jpg

Now the improved shielded version

Shieldedgun.jpg

For more then come over to

here :D

Aussiegamer

First Post
It is a vehicle, being a robotic device, and thus requires similar stats etc.

In the end it brakes down to be quite small amount of info required.

Such as Vehicle stuff (HP and AC), Shield (HP and AC), Weapon stuff (TH, damage and range etc) Nothing more than what's normal for most games.

I just cut and pasted form my sheet, as I did not want to write it all out, lazy me :eek:

Last edited:

Roudi

First Post
It has a Dexterity of 0, but it can move (speed of 10, so I can see)?

It's -5 Dexterity doesn't affect its Defense?

I dunno. Even compared to standard d20, that's a LOT of statistics for something that could be represented in a much simpler fashion.

Aussiegamer

First Post
Hum...good point about that, I need to sort that out on my sheet still, as it is built for vehicle which move.

The vehicle mod for pilot is not required either, no movement. or life support either :eek:

Might put it on a anti-grav lifter unit :]

Yes like some systems use simple set ups for gear, but that not what Nexus is about. You get to have more info and have a more in depth combat compared to the "roll for damage!" approach of some systems.

Roudi

First Post
In your playtest sessions, how long do the average combats take to resolve? Also, is combat feasible without the aid of a spreadsheet?

Aussiegamer

First Post
The equipment like this is pretty much a NPC, as its a robot. Thus the requirement for extra info. As any robot needs for most games that I have seen.

Problems:

Dex 0: yes that needs to be increased, bad me. Though its immobile for travelling it has mobility for movement. I gave it dex 10.

(It only adds 9Kcr to the final total)

I also needed to add accuracy to the robot, so it ends up with a +6 TH figure. :)

I added an "Immobile" pull down that makes the speed 0 on the sheet. ;)

Also noticed I need to put the actual skills scores in, not their assistance bonus. It operates by itself and thus uses them as is.

I also missed adding armour use mods, so the final AC goes to 14 not 12, not touch or FF.

I am still learning myself for this, and its is still in development, so :D for commenting.

Session time:

During the play testing the combats basically run pretty much as long as my D&D 3.5 combats. There is some up front paper work, but that is required for NPCs in D&D as well, so its not that big a deal. And once made and written down the stuff can be used again easily.

As with all my combats they can last minutes or hours depending on the level and combatants. :eek:

You need the data, like you do for all weapons or NPCs the spreadsheet is my basic way of making the gear, but you don't really require the spreadsheet.

The combats are simple and easy still to run, the detailed bit occurs before the session. As this is robotic and thus an NPC then it needs to be treated that way. It can be adjusted for the encounter by altering the gear in it to adjust the AC or TH or skills etc.

If this was just a gun which is under control of a PC then it would look very different as it would only have some of the stats shown.

I hope one day it will be more user friendly, but that would involve someone who knows about that type of stuff :heh:

What was the point of the first post?

Could you post it in a normal D20 stat block format? And what is the CR on that thing?

Why does it have DR 8 in one area and DR 12 in another? How many Hit Dice does it have? (I'm guessing 3.) With a Dex of 0, how can it expect to hit anything in ranged combat? How can it have a Charisma score of 0? Any creature with Wisdom above 0 also has to have a Charisma score above 0.

Last edited:

Roger

First Post
Also note that this machine has a life support rating, so it sounds a bit more like an immobile Dalek than anything. Which I fully endorse.

Cheers,
Roger

Remove ads