• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Role" Call - What Brings You Here?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I was told there would be cake.
Oh No GIF by The Maury Show

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I first arrived when Eric Noah was still running the place and I was using the leaked info in the D&D campaign I happened to be starting at the time. I eventually became a mod and when arguing about rules got tiring (it still is) I was all about the Story Hour forum. I also established the IRON DM competitions! Eventually I went to grad school, and my time here dwindled and then when my PhD program started I had no campaign and no reason to come here (esp. after my one try of 4E really turned me off). That was around 2009.

While I poked my head in occasionally in the intervening years (half a dozen times at most), and played in a D&D campaign from late 2012 to mid-2016, I did not come back as a regular poster until late 2019 or early 2020 when I was convinced by a friend in the city my wife and had just moved to (Pittsburgh! - she grew up here) to start up a new D&D game and I jumped into 5E with the core books (still mostly stick to those).

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I come for D&D/RPG news and columns, stay for the mostly non D&D discussions about books folks are reading, celebrities and sublebreties dying, and various music threads

Remove ads