• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Game Thread)

Raurth Snowfang

First Post
Niu Long-Tian heard the commotion long before he entered the town square himself. Seeing the large crowd forming he turned and started to walk away, crowds being something that he just didn't enjoy. However, just as he was withdrawing out of earshot he heard the large man call again:

"Join the army today! Put down the rebellion that threatens our livelihoods, our families and our very existence!"

He carried on walking out into the surrounding area of the town and found his stashed equipment, he'd been waiting for this day all his life, or that's what it felt like to him anyway. His chance to put right some of the wrongs that had been inflicted on him and the ones he loved. His longbow slung across his shoulder and his swords strapped to his waist he moved through the crowd to stand infront of the bearded man.

"I'll join you, if you need an archer that is"

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
It was the noise of the crowd and some madman shouting that woke the northerner from his slumber. He had drunk too much the night before, his head hurt, and the stink of sweat and alcohol oozed from his pores. Stumbling to his fit and not too happy with being woken he went out to see what the commotion might be.

"Lousy big mouth" Chu Pa-Chieh waved his fist at the man with the long beard when he saw who was making the racket "who the hell are you to wake good people up with your mad screeching! I ought to come over there and kick you and your brothers butts!"

Last edited:

Airwhale

First Post
Gau Xuan walks up to the bearded man. He says quite simply "I will lend my blades to your cause." He sees the bleary eyed Chu Pa-Chieh, and nods slightly to him, in greeting.

possum

First Post
When Chu Pa-Chieh walks over to confront the long bearded man, the first thing he notices is the large size of the man. The man is easily over six feet tall. The man looks at Chu Pa-Chieh and begins speaking in a soft, but deliberate tone.

"You are drunk, and I will forgive your insolence this once. However, do not speak to me this way again, or you will not live to regret it."

The large man greets the other recruits warmly.

"Welcome. You're are first recruits in this area. We are camped outside the village. Go meet my brothers there. They are Liu Bei and Zhang Fei. I am Guan Yu."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Pang Zhu

Pang Zhu bows deeply again

"It is my deepest pleasure to serve with a man of such noble bearing who immediately demands deep respect and fear from all who enter his presence. If your brothers are half-so well-appointed by Heaven in gifts and stature then I have no doubt that our army will set the Empire right again, and destroy this insurgency. I will bid farewell to my family this very moment and ride to seek these brothers of yours. I am eager to meet them."

Pang Zhu mounts his horse and rides to his home. He places his oldest son who has long been helping him with his trading in charge of the family business, and tells him the secret hiding palces of the family wealth. He then says farewell to his youngest children and finally his wife before remounting his steed and riding purposefully out of town, toward the area indicates by Guan Yu.

And thus it starts. It is good to be serving with such fierce men!

Mithran

First Post
Dai Jiao

Dai Jiao mounts and rides out of town to where the big man told him too, he doesn't stop to do anything unless he meets someone else on the road.

Raurth Snowfang

First Post
Niu Long-Tian nods at the large man and stalks away to the rendezvous point. Twirling a feather in his hands he breathes a sigh of discontent as he exits the large crowd and heads towards what is undoubtly an even larger one. He keeps his bow strung and ready, just incase. After all, he thinks to himself: "Better prepared than dead."

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Chu Pa-Chieh is about to retaliate until he notices the eyes of the many looking at him and then the nod from Gau Xuan offering to support the cause. Looking up into Guan Yu's eyes the large framed northerner feels suddenly small.

He sniffs dramatically, rubs his eyes and then turning skulks away back to his room. Perhaps after a little more sleep he will be ready to face the town again.

'Guan Yu' the name repeats itself within Chu Pa-Chiehs mind, the man having made an impression 'Liu Bei, Zhang Fei'
'hmm he thinks to himself as slumber creeps in 'maybe I'll go visit this camp later...'

Airwhale

First Post
Gau Xuan heads home, and pulls out a chain mail shirt. He has not put it on since his days in officer training, and it does not bring back happy memorys. Regardless, he packs it into his backpack, and heads out to the camp site, buying a weeks worth of rations and two waterskins along the way.

"Well, at least I'm not going to die of starvation."

possum

First Post
When the group arrives at the camp, you may be surprised to see how small the camp is. Only about 500 men have joined the volunteer army so far. Standing near a camp fire is a middle statured man who is wearing two swords around his waist. He is talking to a large, wild looking man, who is drinking wine. Next to the large man is a large spear whose blade is curled like a serpent.

The man who wields the swords sees the group and approaches them.

"Greetings! I suppose you were recruited by Guan Yu in the village nearby? I am Liu Bei, and this is my brother Zhang Fei. I assume that you know of how bad the rebellion is?"

Remove ads