Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Game Thread)

Raurth Snowfang

First Post
Niu Long-Tian entered the camp filled with trepidation, 500 people may have seemed small for an army, but for him, it might as well have been 5000 people gathered there. He breathed another deep sigh and approached the man who had introduced himself as Liu Bei. He made a cursory bow and, smalltalk never being a very practiced art of his, got straight to the point:

"Well met Lord Lui Bei, I am Niu Long-Tian, a fine scout and a finer archer, I heard you had need of good men. Although we have heard tall tales and wild stories about this rebellion I must admit I am somewhat underinformed as to its true scale. Perhaps you, or one of your men, might fill me in with all the details."

Mithran

First Post
Dai Jiao

Jiao dismounts and bows "I am Dai Jiao Hui, yes I believe all of us were recruited by your brother. My abilitys tend towards that of a scout, my blade is yours. I too have heard various tales but would like to hear the truth."

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Pang Zhu

Upon identifying Liu Bei and Zhang Fei, Pang Zhu dismounts his horse and bows deeply to the two men.

"The great Guan Yu is clearly in like company with two such men who clearly have the favor of heaven as brothers. I am Pang Zhu, travelling merchant from Zhuo. I have heard that the rebels seek to take the wealth, peace, and prosperity that the Han Emperor, in his heavenly grace, bestows upon China. They seek to take with blade what is the right of any man true to the Emperor. I am one of these men whom the rebels would cheat, and for this I lay down my sword and my spear, and dedicate them to fight beneath you three brothers against this most dangerous of rebellions."

At this, Pang Zhu lays down his spear, and unbuckles his large blade from his side and lays both at the feat of Liu Bei, bowing deeply again.

Airwhale

First Post
Gau Xuan

"Greetings Liu Bei. I am Gau Xuan. Many have heard of your diplomatic abilitys, and how you turned two men fighting in the market place into oath brothers with the magic of your words. If you are half the General you are a diplomat, we have nothing to fear against these brothers who oppose the emporer."

"Besides the fact that they exist, I know little of these people, or the forces they command. What are we up against, good sir?"

Last edited:

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Waking for a second time that day Chu Pa-Chieh scoffed down a meal of cold rice and fish before making his way to the river to wash. The cool water invigorating his mind even as it cleansed his body and for a long moment he sat back soaking and reviewing the encounter with Guan Yu. He had heard talk about the yellow turbans lead by some Doctor and his brothers, men who would create a new order under heaven or so they claimed. Then their was this Guan Yu who's eyes and shown a deep conviction and strength.

Hauling himself to the river bank and allowing the afternoon sun to dry him he resolved to visit this camp near the village and observe the nature of the three brothers Zhang Fei, Liu Bei and Guan Yu.

He stole a few eggs from a ducks nest as he walked along and was sucking the contents from the last of them as he came upon the camp.

"So few to fight so many!" he commented as he crushed the empty shell and tossed it aside.

"Your weapons are of beautiful design" he acknowledged the swords and the serpent spear "but can so few even hope to prevail?

Before I agree to follow you" he looked up defiantly at Liu Bei "come on show me your kung fu!"

(lol sorry but I always loved that line from all those Golden Harvest movies - time for a Xiaolin Showdown! (in which I know Chu Pa-Chieh is going to lose!)

IcyCool

First Post
A large man with a long beard has entered the town square, he is looking for voluteers to join his brother's army. Who will answer his call?

Word comes to Tang Rong-ying through several of the townsfolk that there is a recruiting drive going on. Apparently the recruits are amassing outside of town. Not wasting much time, Rong-ying gathers his worldly possessions, prepares Thunder, and rides with all haste to the camp so that he might offer his services to those loyal to the emperor.

He arrives at the camp in time to see a man wearing two swords addressing a group. Slowing Thunder to a slow walk, he places himself at the back of the group.

"Greetings! I suppose you were recruited by Guan Yu in the village nearby? I am Liu Bei, and this is my brother Zhang Fei. I assume that you know of how bad the rebellion is?"

"The towns around here do not get a great deal of information, but we have heard of the rebellion. I will pledge my skill and strength to your banner, if you fight for the emperor. If you will have me, then please tell us of ..."

Rong-ying is interrupted by the surly barbarian.

Chupah-Chieh said:
"So few to fight so many!" he commented as he crushed the empty shell and tossed it aside.

"Your weapons are of beautiful design" he acknowledged the swords and the serpent spear "but can so few even hope to prevail?

Before I agree to follow you" he looked up defiantly at Liu Bei "come on show me your kung fu!"

Irritated at being interrupted, Rong-ying none-the-less sits quietly to see what happens to this odd man.

Last edited:

Airwhale

First Post
Tonguez said:

Gau Xuan steps away, giving himself a good amount of distance from Zhang Fei and Chu Pa-Chieh. He moves one foot behind the other in a fighting stance, so as to be better able to dodge any stray weapons or limbs that fly torward him.

possum

First Post
Liu Bei looks at Chu, a look of anger flares up in his eyes.
Insolent fool. You have no respect, and no discipline. Challenging me before you will join us? I assume you are a great warrior then?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
possum said:
Liu Bei looks at Chu, a look of anger flares up in his eyes.
Insolent fool. You have no respect, and no discipline. Challenging me before you will join us? I assume you are a great warrior then?

"Fancy weapons and scolding words do not make a hero" Chu Pa-Chieh replied with a steady tone "and respect is earned by action not demanded.

I may not be a great warrior but with heaven as my witness I am ready to accept the consequences of my challenge!
Unarmed fighting techniques, if I loose then I will be a loyal and dedicated follower of the great Liu Bei and his mighty brothers"

Raurth Snowfang

First Post
Niu takes a few steps back from the commotion and leans against the nearest tree, his knife blade whittling away at what would soon become an arrow-shaft.

Remove ads