Rowaini Musketeers: One For All and All For One

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: You don't have any sort of 'reservations' per se. Those trained in it can use Knowledge: Local to know all the cool stuff about local inns

EDIT--Hmmm, I checked and nobody is trained in Knowledge: Local, at least not with the loss of Brice. Ironically, having Knowledge: Nobility makes Tristan the party 'Sage'. Quite humorous given his personality ;) Another fun fact--nobody has Diplomacy below +10 :lol: )

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Not a boar, Sir, that was the Inn we stop on our last travel. I think there is the Golden Unicorn not far from here if I remember." replies Hyancinthe, which is on the back. "If you want, Sir, I could move foward and warn them your are coming. That way, you could have an hot meal, a hot bath, a soft bed and some soft skin awaiting for you."

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hmm, you guys don't have pre-arranged lodging, though, as mentioned ;) You didn't know how long the mission would take, so you couldn't have made them. Also, you didn't stop in this city on the way there because it would have delayed the mission somewhat--it wasn't the quickest route.)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Well, is 22 enough? It is an untrained check, but the I think is the key word, Hyancinthe can be wrong, even more if he is unfamiliar with that region where we are.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: That's a fantastic roll, and I'd love to give you lots of Local info on the city. Sadly, untrained means you cap out at DC 10--the common knowledge every schmoe knows. If you or anyone else wants to throw in 1 rank in a Knowledge or too because you didn't know you needed them before Bront and Brice dropped, I'd be cool with allowing that. You can even keep the 22 (make it 23 though) )

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Done... I've reduced Apparise by 2 points (working with the musketeer make him trade less then working at s hop) to raise Know(Local) by two rank (he knew the gamblers den some times ago :p ). Fit with the character. That makes 24 trained roll finally.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Hyacinthe's Knowledge Local on Inns]
The city is small by the standards of the name 'city', but it is still the respectable provincial capital, and as such, it has plenty of amenities, moreso than a usual city of its size the better to impress visiting nobility. The city has five major inns, and that apart from various taverns and the like where gambling and ale is the order of the day and a back room for travelers, while possible, is not a priority.

The largest, fanciest, and most luxurious of the inns is Lanvariel's Bounty, whose gorgeous marble female angel statue is a popular quick stop for tourists, even those who can't afford a room there. It is often used by visiting nobility, wealthy merchants, and people of importance, as well as traveling clergy, who are generally given free rooms out of respect. Because of this, sometimes religious pilgrims to the region will save up to stay here as well. Facilities include one of the region's most famous chefs, a massage parlour, and a natural hot springs spa.

The Crimson Pinwheel is a more festive and raucous inn, favoured by merchants and their hired guards, off-duty guards and soldiers, mercenaries, and vacationing tourists. There are usually themed parties and festivals every few days or so, some of which they just make up as an excuse to drum up business. Themes include masquerade dances, contests (trivia, drinking, etc), and other such things.

The Golden Unicorn, on the other hand, is quieter than the Crimson Pinwheel and cheaper than Lanvariel's Bounty while still being fairly nice. It is often favoured by those who are looking for a peaceful rest, especially the elderly or those traveling with small children.

The Wanderer's Respite is a cheaper inn that is set up, as the name implies, less for visitors to Arvanne and more for those travelers who are just passing through. It has a spare and spartan decor, but the service is solid.

The Canny Penny is the cheapest inn in the entire city. The rock bottom prices are the result of the maximum possible cuts in cost, so the food, room, and service are all rather poor.
[/SBLOCK]

(OOC: And let me know if he wants to Know: Local on anything else :))

Velmont

First Post
Hyacinthe moves foward and pass in front, heading for teh Inn but suddenly stop and turns his house. "Maybe I have a better choice for you. The Lanvariel's Bounty have hot natural spring spa and teh massage parlour that would be a great for Sir d'Arthinan need of bath and relaxation. And chef is reknown for his meals, the best of the region. I am quite sur you'll like it, sir d'Toussaint. All these have there cost, but it worth every once of gold given, a luxury I am quite sur you will appreciate after these days outdoor. Is it fine with you, Sirs?"

Remove ads