Rowaini Musketeers: One For All and All For One

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okey dokey. For ladies (since that term could mean a lot of things), which of the following best describes what you mean:

A) Local ladies, beauties of good breeding and refined wit who would be inclined to a bit of dancing, romance, and wine, and perhaps, if she is appropriately impressed, a bit more--both these and (B) require a more subtle approach, and finding these girls would necessitate spending a fair amount of time in the right sorts of places where young ladies flock.

B) Local girls, generally plainer than local ladies, of common breeding, and also inclined to dancing, romance, and wine, plus maybe more, but still not girls who sleep with men for pay--both these and (A) require a more subtle approach, and finding these girls would necessitate spending a fair amount of time in the right sorts of places where common girls flock.

C) Cheap hookers who will sleep with anyone for a few pennies. Finding these is as simple as finding a brothel, though of course, these don't advertise themselves as much as the inns, so the DC is higher (17 is fine for knowing the basics though, of course)

D) Expensive courtesans, generally of greater beauty and class and with more refined tastes, but they still sleep with men for pay, and they cost more. You can usually find these at the most upscale place of its sort in a city (if this is what you mean, I'll tell you what that is, since 17 is enough to know).

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I suppose I have already done so for Gabriel and Tristan... so, Unleashed, Fenris, what is your character's taste?

Shayuri

First Post
Jacen blushes again at the question, though to his credit, not nearly as badly.

"I really am tired," he demurs. "And sore. No thanks. Next time."

Fenris

Adventurer
Velmont said:
OOC: I suppose I have already done so for Gabriel and Tristan... so, Unleashed, Fenris, what is your character's taste?

OOC: I would vote A, but for convience sake will Unleashed's preference (although definitely not C)

unleashed

First Post
Velmont said:
"Perfect, I'll make sure d'Arthinan will have a massage and spa session waiting for him when you'll arrive. What would you like to eat, sir d'Toussaint? I'll make sure something hot and good await you for your arrival."
“Tristan has stated my choices quite succinctly, so the same for me, thank you Hyancinthe.”

Velmont said:
"For gambling, what kind you seek. Hazard or cards game. And against who would you like to play against. Commoners, bourgeoisie or nobility?" asks Hyancinthe.
“Oh, you know the type of game I usually like, Hyancinthe, a friendly game of cards with gentlemen wealthy enough to make it worth my while. So just keep an eye out, as I may or may not have time to play tonight, depending on my luck elsewhere,” Gabriel remarks with a chuckle.

Velmont said:
"Perfect, you'll have that. Also, do you wish company tonight, sirs?"
Shayuri said:
Jacen blushes again at the question, though to his credit, not nearly as badly.

"I really am tired," he demurs. "And sore. No thanks. Next time."
“Of course Hyancinthe, the evening is always more pleasant with a lovely young lady for company,” Gabriel remarks, before looking towards their newest musketeer. “Next time ... well, we might have to hold you to that, Jacen,” he add with a good-natured grin.

OOC: Gabriel also votes A. Hmm, looks like I’m running a bit behind in posting rate ... that’s certainly unusual ... though it seems you’re getting a lot of posting in while I’m sleeping.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"I will see to that now. You'll find the Lanvariel's Bounty, follow the tourists and find the angels." On that, Hyancinthe go foward, leaving his masters behind. He will first try to make the arrangement for a good meal for the three. He will then make sure a spa and massage await them. He will then head to the Crimson Pinwheel and try to find some rich merchant who would be ready to play some card games later tonight with a musketeer. He will finaly try to find some local ladies who would like to spend a pleasant night with the three musketeer.

[SBLOCK=OOC]The ladies, it will be option A he want to find, but that will be the last thing he will do and start with meal, then spa & massage, then card game for Gabriel and finally find some ladies, preferably three, even if Jacen didn't like teh idea much :) [/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Let's start with Knowledge--After that, let me see if I understand:

They're going to Lanvariel's Bounty anyway, and the chef is also there, as are the massage and spa, so he won't need to worry about looking for that or anything--I don't see why he's leaving the others at this point unless he plans to rush ahead to Lanvariel's Bounty before them. Wouldn't he just stay with the others for now?

Anyway, once you let me know about that, the other stuff I think I've got down--he'll go to the Crimson Pinwheel to find gambling opportunities for Gabriel (though if the card game is to be in the future, the people there now might not still be--it may be best to check it out just before Gabriel goes to gamble or to have Gabriel do so himself).

Then for the ladies, I assume he's not going to try to pick up the ladies and displace them as a proxy on some sort of crazy blind date service--he would just be scouting out for ladies so that he could send the Musketeers there to do their thing, right? The Knowledge check info he already knows can help with that too)

[SBLOCK=Knowledge Local]

On gambling, Hyacinthe knows very little about the scene in this town except for the inns.

As for ladies, he has a few ideas. The key is to find places where the young ladies of the minor nobility, the gentry, and the thinly noble-blooded of the upper middle class tend to flock. Added to that is a choice of venue that allows a Musketeer to interpose himself and make an impression upon her. So, for instance, the theatre would not be a good choice for an initial place, even though the ladies like the theatre, because they tend to visit such a place on dates with young men, rather than alone.

The best thing for him to find is a local gala--that would be perfect if there is one. He doesn't know enough about the area to know of any such galas already, but he knows where to start to gather information, and since Tristan usually has a good handle on the nobility in any given area, he can definitely ask Tristan and possibly get some good leads. The next step is getting the musketeers an invite, of course, but he'll have to deal with that part when he comes to it![/SBLOCK]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Hyacinthe want to go ahead so when the masters arrive at the Inn, the meal will be ready to eat and to make sure there will be people avalaible for the massage after and the spa. He will also assure there is room avalaible for teh three gentlemen.

For the gambling... you are right, it might be a bit early, so he will rather try to learn where the three musketeer could go to meet some, where there could be a party or gala.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Hyacinthe rushes on ahead along the same path as the others, hoping to outpace them by enough to have everything taken care of before they arrive.*

[SBLOCK=Hyacinthe]*Hyacinthe arrives at Lanvariel's Bounty well before the others. A receptionist behind the front desk, a sandy-haired man with thin spectacles, looks up when Hyacinthe appears, appraising Hyacinthe's travel-worn clothing.*

"Good afternoon, sir. I hope the angels have watched over you and your lord in your travels to Arvanne. How many rooms do you require of what sorts? We have several styles of room. The regular room is still a spacious area with a soft queen-sized bed and the finest decor, but we also have three styles of suite. The regular suite, the deluxe suite, and the royal suite, in increasing order of luxury. The suites have their own attaching baths and walk-in closets, plus a sitting and dining room attached to the bedroom, and the deluxe and royal suites also have a small attachment with a simple cot for a servant."[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads