S1: Tomb of Horrors - OOC

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
There will definately be a cut in my time on a computer. Factory work does not leave much time for goofin off.

Scott DeWar

The trip there and the trip home are about 45 mines each, except the trip home has a denny' about half way back-And it has wifi. It is that right now I am also doing some service calls as well as the second shift factory work. I might miss posting a day, but 2 days in a row? highly unlikely.

kinem

Adventurer
Sounds good.

I know it's a busy time, with the big holiday weekend upon us.

Let's assume that the PCs have adventured together before and have some degree of trust between them.

kinem

Adventurer
While we wait for character creation completion, we can do a bit of roleplaying. The IC thread is now up.

Father Jared, high priest of Pelor, has invited you to the temple to discuss an urgent matter. You are in the city of Pitchfield in the Kingdom of Sunndi.

kinem

Adventurer
[MENTION=6683661]Ballistic[/MENTION]: Hope you had a good trip. Any progress on the paladin?

BTW Warshrike you get one more feat. PF feats are 1,3,5,7,9,...

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Wizard: progress occurring

the hard thing of choosing spells is paring down to a reasonable cost.

Just in case you were not aware: for spells not gained per level gained, the left over spells have to be bought as scrolls and then writtn in the book. each book has 100 pages and each spell takes 1 page pr level of spell.

for example: a fifth level spell costs 25*9*5 gp=1125 gp, just for 1 spell. then to write it it costs an additional 250 go and 5 pages. so for the simple selection of say .. .. .. ..5 spells you are looking at 6875 and 1/4 of a spell book. that is 1/8 of the spending budget. and only 1 level of spells.

so very frustrating.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Oh, and by the way, the Wizard is just a little mad, touched or otherwise not playing with a full deck.

kinem

Adventurer
Wizard: progress occurring

the hard thing of choosing spells is paring down to a reasonable cost.

Just in case you were not aware: for spells not gained per level gained, the left over spells have to be bought as scrolls and then written in the book. each book has 100 pages and each spell takes 1 page pr level of spell.

for example: a fifth level spell costs 25*9*5 gp=1125 gp, just for 1 spell. then to write it it costs an additional 250 go and 5 pages. so for the simple selection of say .. .. .. ..5 spells you are looking at 6875 and 1/4 of a spell book. that is 1/8 of the spending budget. and only 1 level of spells.

True, but it's generally considered a fair tradeoff for the flexibility that the wizard has.

You may want to have 2 spellbooks: the first for spell levels 0-3, the 2nd for levels 4 & 5. That way you won't have to worry about running out of pages and it's easy to tell which spell is in which book.

BTW I am considering for flavor reasons allowing wizards to learn witch spells at +1 spell level (and vice versa). Incidentally, one effect of this would be allowing you some minor access to healing spells, for example Cure Light Wounds as a 2nd level spell. Let me know how you feel about this, but don't feel obligated to change your spell selection.

WarShrike

First Post
Get your wizard a Deck of Illusions, at least then he can make believe he's playing with a full deck. :)

And thx for the feat, i'll get right on it.

Remove ads