S1: Tomb of Horrors - OOC

kinem

Adventurer
[MENTION=54955]WarShrike[/MENTION]: You should have posted that you weren't getting anything then. How was I supposed to know what you were up to?

Well, with 2 active players we can give it a try after all.

We will start when [MENTION=24609]Strahd_Von_Zarovich[/MENTION] picks his spells.

When we resume, the active PCs will have just arrived at the island.

Since Scott Dewar won't be able to join us for a while, Bernidect has been afflicted with a mysterious dream from which he can't wake up. If he recovers he'll teleport to join the rest of the party.

You'll be joined by a bit of NPC muscle in the form of Gruskin. Gruskin is a burly half-orc fighter whose heart is in the right place, but he is stupid even by orc standards. If he had fallen in with the wrong crowd he might easily have become evil, but he has become a respected member of the community. Normally he works as a guard for the temple, and the priests say he has been trained well. Somehow he got wind of the mission and was determined to join it. He knows he's not good at planning or making decisions or examining stuff, so he leaves that to others most of the time. He wears spiked plate armor and wields a flaming polearm which he calls Poker.

kinem

Adventurer
Strahd, I see that you prepared raise dead but don't have the 5000 gp diamond material component. I will allow you to have borrowed a suitable diamond from Father Jared with the understanding that you will return it if the spell does not prove necessary.

cool hand luke

First Post
do you need more players? I'd be interested, though I've done a ton of 3.5, never done the pathfinder stuff before but I've heard it's not to hard to figure out.

kinem

Adventurer
Hi.

Yes, looking for one more player. Pretty much any class could fit, though another spellcaster might be best. Not much has happened yet so it would be easy to fit in another PC; the downside of that is it remains to be seen if this game can even get off the ground.

Pathfinder isn't hard to understand if you know 3.5, but what can be hard at first is keeping track of what has changed from 3.5. A lot of things have, so it's best to consult the PFSRD a lot; don't go by memory. Some things to keep in mind are mentioned here. Other changes include that rogues can sneak attack undead, but there are a lot of less obvious things like Still Spell is now useless when grappled, and some feats have changed though the names remain the same.

kinem

Adventurer
The party consists of the following:

Gorash - dwarven cleric
Ungroth - half-orc rogue

Gruskin - NPC half-orc fighter, leaves decisions to others

Not currently with the party:
Bernedict - wizard but unfortunately his player has taken ill and may not be able to participate.

The IC is here.

kinem

Adventurer
That sounds fine. If you want to get started, come up with the basics and I could retroactively write you into the IC since not much has happened yet. You could then finish building the PC, since I don't expect combat right away.

Remove ads