• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sailors on the Starless Sea

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: I just lost the most awesome post I spent an hour on, so now here it is in brief as I have work coming. Chrome sucks, by the way, and I'm going back to Mozilla.

DM
[sblock]
Tender attacks the beastman holding Narancasta. Init of 2, Sword attack of 21, damage of 9, shield hit of 11, shield damage of 2.

1d20+1=2, 1d20+1d3=21, 1d8+1d3=9, 1d14+1d3=11, 1d3+1d3=2

Boral tried Force Manipulation, but failed. He will avoid the beastmen and try to keep behind the warriors. Init of 10.

1d20-1=10, 1d20+3=6, 1d6=5

Kurl invoked his patron, and has an init of 6. Not a great result for the invocation (I was hoping for a swarm of frogs), but he is given a +3 to strength for the next hour.

1d20+1=6, 1d20+2=12
1d6=3

My original post was much more dramatic, but it wasn't to be I guess.
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=Deuce]Man, that stinks. I've had it happen to me, too, and it is very frustrating.

There is an issue, though: invoke patron is a wizard spell and not available to Kurl as a cleric.[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
Narančasta and Siva

Narančasta howls, although whether it's anger, fear, defiance or fear he doesn't have time to consider. Bracing himself against the beastman holding him, the warrior uses whatever he can - elbow, head, knee, butt of the flail - to strike the beastman and weaken his grip sufficiently to allow Narančasta to seize the upper hand.

Taking advantage of the confusion her brother has caused, Siva whispers a prayer to her god. "Oh Ildavir of the Flashing Spear, Defender of the Natural Order, Hunter of Abominations, Red in Tooth and Claw, grant my brother your Blessing so he may Better Strike down the Foul Spawn of the Nameless Gods in this the Very Place of their Foul Corruption!"

[sblock=OOC]Narančasta Attack: [roll0]+[roll1]. Damage [roll2].

Siva Initiative: [roll3]
Siva Blessing: [roll4]+3 plus/minus situation modifiers. Probably not the best place to first try this spell, but hell, if you don't need it in the Temple of a Chaos God, where are you going to need it? :)[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hank and homer's actions

sorry about being late . . .

All three are in the mass of villagers so they try to speak words of hop. However their words are drowned out in the rakatious mayhem. They glance toward each other and all get the idea of what they need to do . . . . .

Hank: The scribe feels unsure of himself, that matters not. He must save the villagers.
--> Cast: Animal Summoning [summon
effect on Hank [now Harriet] (Gender bender. Casting the spell causes the wizard to temporarily transform into the opposite gender. This sex change remains in effect for one hour per level of the spell. Recasting the spell shifts the caster back into his original sex, but a failure on the spell check causes the wizard to remain as the shifted gender until a full 24 hours have passed.)

Homer: is wishing he had another weapon, but one will have to do. He puts his hand on the hilt, looking for a chance to attack a beast man.

Franko: Fickle in mind and spirit he looks over his choices as he moves amongst the crowd
--> cast Enlarge on Narančasta
effect on Franko: (Psychic shield. In the round immediately following the casting of this spell, the wizard gains a +2 bonus to his AC and any Will saves, as he is encased in a protective barrier of psychic energy. It disperses the following round.)

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Tender steps up to Narančasta and stabs his sword through one of the acolytes that have grabbed onto the warrior. When a beastman rushes up the dwarf bashes him in the face with his shield and drop him unconscious or dead to the ground.

Boral tries his Force Manipulation spell but the magics prove too difficult for him to get off during this moment of stress. Unfortunately the rotes slip from his mind and he is unable to try that same spell again today.

Kurl casts his bless upon Tender and feels the spell surge through him much stronger than he expected. Tender feels the magic surge through him and he begins to glow with a soft, green light.

Narančasta bashes the other beastman holding him snapping his head back and loosening his grip. With a mighty shove he pushes the beastman into a group of four others behind Boral and moving up on the wizard. They stumble back slowed by the assault and push away the one Narančasta shoved into them. That one falls to the steps; it seems Narančasta's blow killed him.

Siva feels Ildavir's displeasure settle on her like a weight she can hardly bear. She knows that soon she'll have to offer up prayers or feel the god's chastisement.

Hank is not a pretty woman. But that hardly matters when two gigantic wolves appear on either side of her and tear into beastmen nearby. Two more of the beastmen fall beneath the snapping teeth.

Opportunity is all around Homer as the beastmen scramble forward. Homer stabs but the attack is wild and doesn't even come close to striking. He looks around for another weapon but the only thing he sees is the spear dropped by the beastman Narančasta tossed into the crowd nearby.

Franko casts his spell and Narančasta vanishes. A moment later the warrior reappears at twice the size standing as tall as an ogre.

The Chaos Lord, summoned from magma by the deaths in the pit, leaps up and comes crashing down upon the top of the ziggurat. It is skull-faced and horned and has a single baleful eye gleaming with infernal light. It wears black, iron armor and carries the spiked flail seen in the mosaic. He laughs like a madman and crushes the skull of the nearby acolyte before turning his gaze on Narančasta.

The beastmen at the top of the ziggurat fall back before the Chaos Lord's demonic majesty overwhelmed by fear. They grovel before it. Those a bit farther back (and out of its reach) are less awed by it and rush in at the rear of the group stabbing with their spears. One wolf falls silently; the spear pierced its heart and it died immediately. Another attack injured the other wolf. Homer receives a nasty gash and poor Ursula Buuren, the slender, beautiful girl who ran messages between Krivstad and surrounding villages falls with a spear in her back.

GM: You all are up.

[sblock=OOC]Deuce: Technically you roll your deed die (1d3) once and add that roll to all attack rolls and damage rolls for the round. Since your first roll was a 2 I'll add that number to the subsequent rolls. In case of the shield it makes the difference between a miss and a hit.

Specials:
Tender: Bless (+1 to all attack rolls) 10/10 rounds
Narančasta: Enlarge (+4 to attack, damage, AC; +10 hp) 10/10 rounds
Homer takes 4 damage

Chaos Lord, Shaman, 3 1 Acolytes, 22 18 Beastmen, 6 4 villagers remaining.

Wolf: 4hp, 9 6hp[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"You worship the wrong lord, heathen," Kurl says with a growl as he swings his mace with a glancing blow at the nearby remaining acolyte.

Roll
[sblock]
1d20-1=15, 1d6-1=2 , 15 hit, 2 damage
[/sblock]

"If you can summon a monster like they have, I'll take your point as well made," Tender growls as he tries to fend the beastmen off his fellow villagers.

Roll
[sblock]
Sword misses.
1d3=1, 1d20=7, 1d8=6, 1d14=14, 1d3=3
1 on deed dice for the round, 9 to hit with sword and 7 damage. Shield has a 16 to hit and 4 damage, if I add in the 1 from the deed dice for attack and damage, and 1 to hit for the bless effect.
[/sblock]

"Maybe we can even the odds a bit, though,"[/color] Boral says as he touches Narančasta's back. A few nearby weeds shrivel and die from the after-effect of his spell.

Enlarge on Narančasta
[sblock]
17 on the Enlarge table. Traveling without my book once more.
1d20+3=17
[/sblock]

doghead

thotd
Narančasta (Enlarged) and Siva

Siva feels Ildavir's displeasure settle on her like a weight she can hardly bear. She knows that soon she'll have to offer up prayers or feel the god's chastisement.

Sive shrugs it off. Its not like she hasn't been displeased with me before. She will have to wait ... Siva shoots at the Chaos Lord

[sblock=OOC]Disapproval, forgot about that. Roll 2: Has to spend an hour in prayer or suffer -1 to spell-casting.

Disapproval Level now 2.

To Hit [roll0]. Damage [roll1][/sblock]

Franko casts his spell and Narančasta vanishes. A moment later the warrior reappears at twice the size standing as tall as an ogre.

Narančasta stumbles a bit as the world seems to fall away only to reappear a moment later. Someone shrunk the world!

The Chaos Lord, summoned from magma by the deaths in the pit, leaps up and comes crashing down upon the top of the ziggurat. It is skull-faced and horned and has a single baleful eye gleaming with infernal light. It wears black, iron armor and carries the spiked flail seen in the mosaic. He laughs like a madman and crushes the skull of the nearby acolyte before turning his gaze on Narančasta.

Wild eyes peer out from a face black with sweat streaked char and blood. Narančasta laughs wildly in return. "We put you down once, we will put you down again! This is not your place!"

The warrior attacks the Chaos Lord.

[sblock=OOC]To Hit [roll2] + [roll3] +4. Damage [roll4] + Deed + 4.
Narančasta will attempt to disarm the Chaos Lord of the spiked flail.

What are the rules for switching (dropping and drawing a weapon)? Narančasta should probably switch to his lucky sword at some point. But don't want to get clobbered while doing it.[/sblock]

Remove ads