• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sailors on the Starless Sea

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tender watches the boy climb, then wipes the sweat from his hands off his shirt and gives the attempt with the crowbar a go once more. "I wonder which of us is the more foolish."

OOC: Got it that time!
1d20=20

Dogmatron

First Post
"Now that you're up there," called up Fendrek, " Does it look like there is a way into the tower?"

Meanwhile, Brom does what he can to help batter down the door.

(Can he use his hammer to help chip away the mortar?)

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Jakob:"Oh, uh right. the view. I spy with my naked eye . . . . . There is a walkway that stretches the length of the southern wall broken only by the tower where I see a weathered wooden door in the south-eastern corner of the keep and the upper floor of the gatehouse in the south-west.

Is that descriptive enough for you?"

OOc: I disclaim any copyright infringement

GlassEye

Adventurer
With continued work Tender finally manages to spring the door. It hangs loosely on its hinges then falls to the side. The hot stench of rot rolls from the tower, raising bile in the back of your throat. The interior of the tower is dark and shadowy shapes move in the gloom.

fireinthedust

Explorer
OOC: (sigh)

IC:

Dudles steps gingerly forward, peering into the opening to the tower. Borok moves to put a hand on his shoulder, but Xim stops him with a look and a shrug, and the dwarf readies his hammer while the halfling readies his sling with a stone.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tender follows Dudles, eyes wary as he adjusts to the darker interior. Kurl steps behind Tender, but is happy to let the dwarf go in first. Boral strokes the neck of Betsy to calm her as he follows a safe distance behind.

doghead

thotd
Narančasta and Siva

Siva wonders about the wisdom of letting Jacob try and climb the walls. But he seems to be keen enough to try. She watches as he climbs, keeping a eye on the wall above where the grapple is snagged.

Narančasta breaths a sigh of relief as the door if finally breached. His enthusiasm for entering the tower is, however, somewhat reduced by the the stench that wafts out.

Hefting his weapon, he follows the others through into the tower.

Siva, meanwhile, waits outside, keeping an eye on Jacob.

"The door to the tower is open," she calls out. "See if you can get in through the door at the top."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Jakob: Still exilerated by the successeful climb up the 'manmade cliffasce', he smiles as the sense of adventure takes over his better judgment, "Right, the other door it is." he climbs to where the door is.

Homar: "He is mad in the head" *sigh*.

Last edited:

Dogmatron

First Post
Brom, Fendrek, and Geoffrey all ready their meager weapons.

The dwarf gives Geoffrey a push towards the now open door. "Go on, get up there. You've got the armor and the ral weapon. Get on up there where it will do some good."

Geoffrey starts to climb the steps with trepidation, his mace held at the ready.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads